We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marrakech airport bus 19

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 188
Marrakech airport bus 19

I've read lots of reviews on this airport bus, some of them contradict each other and wondered if seasoned travellers can clear this up for me?

To summarise on what I've gleaned from TA and the internet:

- Airport bus 19 runs every 30mins at the hour and half hour.

- It runs 24 hours.

- It costs 20MAD single & 30MAD return.

- The driver speaks some English

- The driver will have a map with a list of hotels for you to point to and he will try to drop you off near the hotel.

- Some other reports mention getting off when you see KFC nr Djeema El Fna.

- On return trip back to the airport, where is the pickup point at Djeema El Fna? Unfortunately I cannot find a map or info.

To clarify we're staying at Hotel Islane, opposite the Koutoubia Mosque. So if the airport bus cannot drop us at the hotel we can walk from Djeema El Fna.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on any of the above points.

Thanks girls and guys!

106 replies to this topic
Seville, Andalucia...
61. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

hi,Please can you tell me if the bus stops at the bus station ? And i want to know also how long it takes to get there?Thank you very much

62. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 am, December 22, 2012

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 60
63. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

Hi,

Answer number 55 tells you the bus stops at the bus station. Number 60 tells you how to find a map for the stops.

Utrecht
reviews: 14
64. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

2013 prices went up.

Single 30MAD, return 50MAD.

Valid for two weeks.

And a very helpful driver who could point out your hotel (our driver spoke remarkable good English)

Edited: 2:56 am, January 02, 2013
Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
65. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

Many thanks for the update ORSEHR - I had not seen any notifications.

central london
reviews: 1
66. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

where do we get bus 19 to go back to the airport? we're staying at the medina.

Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
67. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

At the same place where you get off the bus on arrival. The bus follows a circular route.

68. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

Our return flight leaves at 9 am on a Tuesday and we're staying very close to the djeema el fna. Would we be on time if we take the first bus or should we arrange a taxi?

London
reviews: 9
69. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

Slootiris,

We stayed in that area and struck us that 50dirhams was a small price to pay for the stress of the waiting for the bus and worrying if we'd make it on time as no one was able to give us bus time table or anything that would indicate what time we should set off to get to the airport in time for our flight.

The airport isn't far from the city and don't miss out on the view of the snow capped peaks of the Atlas mountains in the distance.

We took the bus in to town and got off at the main bus station near the mosque which was ace and got us to our hotel easily.

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 30
70. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

I would agree, it is better to take the taxi back to the airport, it should only cost 30-50DH (it seems to be cheaper to get back to the airport).

If you take the bus, then allow for plenty of time because on your return journey, the bus will take you around the city (to drop off other passengers) before heading back to the airport.

Reply to: Marrakech airport bus 19
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted