We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marrakech airport bus 19

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 188
Marrakech airport bus 19

I've read lots of reviews on this airport bus, some of them contradict each other and wondered if seasoned travellers can clear this up for me?

To summarise on what I've gleaned from TA and the internet:

- Airport bus 19 runs every 30mins at the hour and half hour.

- It runs 24 hours.

- It costs 20MAD single & 30MAD return.

- The driver speaks some English

- The driver will have a map with a list of hotels for you to point to and he will try to drop you off near the hotel.

- Some other reports mention getting off when you see KFC nr Djeema El Fna.

- On return trip back to the airport, where is the pickup point at Djeema El Fna? Unfortunately I cannot find a map or info.

To clarify we're staying at Hotel Islane, opposite the Koutoubia Mosque. So if the airport bus cannot drop us at the hotel we can walk from Djeema El Fna.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on any of the above points.

Thanks girls and guys!

106 replies to this topic
marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 60
1. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

Hi,

I think you are right with what you've discovered so far. The last stop from the airport is at the cobbled garden just off the square and is opposite KFC so you can easily walk to the Islane from there. Pick up is from the same stop.

London, United...
reviews: 188
2. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

Perfect. As always, Shimmin comes to the rescue. Much appreciated.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
3. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

God,

I hope I'm right :-)

LONDON
reviews: 19
4. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

Good Morning,

Does anyone know if this bus will be suitable for Riad Yasmine, 209 Diour Saboune? The riad is within walking distance of Djemaa el Fna, but would it be too difficult to negotiate the streets with luggage, as i suspect the bus will not be able to stop close enough to the riad?

Thanks for any advice,

Bart.

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
5. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

Hi,

It is really easier if you ask the Riad to arrange transfer from the airport. I know it costs more but it does ensure you are delivered right to the door along with your luggage.

LONDON
reviews: 19
6. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

Thanks for your quick reply, i think this is the best option.

Birmingham, United...
7. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

Hi i am travelling with a group of 4 other girls and wondered what would be the best transport to get to the riad we are stoppin at - the complex is called chaabi lil iskane.

the riad owners state they can provided a return airport transfer however asking for 650dh for a van that can fit us all 5 in and suitcases, is that good?

i have been loking at the internet and it advises bus 19 and is the cheapest option but im owirred about it not getting to the riad we need t get too.

very urgent so please help

thanks

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
8. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

Hi,

If they are quoting 650 Dirhams return airport transfers for 5 of you it works out at about £5 each person each way. Sounds OK to me.

Newport, United...
reviews: 11
9. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

Could I get the 19 to somewhere near Riad Mogador Gueliz? Getting in about 8ish Thursday night, so time I've got luggage/changed some cash maybe 9pm, so would be no doubt looking at top dollar by cab - and if there's a way to avoid that, I'd be glad to! It's on Avenue Hassan II. If drops me on Mohammed VI, how far (roughly) is the walk? Up to half a mile would be OK. Many thanks - I'll be sure to post while I'm out there, should be one hell of an adventure :)

Edited: 5:57 pm, March 21, 2011
marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
10. Re: Marrakech airport bus 19

Hi Geoff,

The hotel offers an airport transfer service so why not save yourself any hassle and use that?

Reply to: Marrakech airport bus 19
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted