We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riad For Honeymoon

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Riad For Honeymoon

I will be spending a few days in Marrakech as part of my honeymoon trip and am trying ot research a Riad for accomodations. It has been overwhelming trying to distinguish between some of them, but have preliminary interest in the Riad Kniza, La Villa des Oraners, La Sultana and Riad Fenn.

Is it the case that these are all good places to stay? Is there anything distinguishable? It appears that Riad Kniza is consitently rated by users as a great experience.

Any thoughts are much appreciated.

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 17
1. Re: Riad For Honeymoon

I stayed at the Villa des Orangers a couple years ago and was completely enchanted. We had arrived from a harrowing day-long drive at 6pm and were afraid we would not have enough time to return our rental car. As we were checking in, the concierge sensed that we were a bit stressed and time-pressured and simply sat us down with a nice drink, took our keys off us and sent a porter to return the car for us.

Our room was so nice that we didnt even want to go to sleep so that we could enjoy it for the few hours that we got to stay there before our departure the next day.

I can also highly recommend the riads listed on www.marrakech-riads.net.

New York
2. Re: Riad For Honeymoon

You have done very impressive research. I noticed your post and this is my first post. All the riads you mention are tops. I am a tour operator and you are right Kniza is superb. Not because it is more beautiful but because the owners run it personally and treat EVERY guest extremely special. I recommend it above any riad in Marrakech!!! and I book my guests there all of the time. You can't go wrong.

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 16
3. Re: Riad For Honeymoon

I stayed in Riad Al Jazira (one of Marrakesh-riad.net 's) last June - a very nice place to stay. Had dinner there the first night, food was excellent. Good breakfast - fresh juice, bread and different Moroccan/ French pastries everyday!

Walk to Jemaa-el-fna square is about 20mins if you don't get lost in the souks! (or 15-20dh/ 5-10min taxi ride)

One minor thing, although they take credit card for reservations, they will insist cash payment on departure as the RIAD saves 30% goverment tax!

Have a good time!

reviews: 3
4. Re: Riad For Honeymoon

We just stayed at Riad Bab Firdaus and altho it was to celebate my 50th birthday and we've been married for 28 years, I felt like it was a honeymoon. I found and booked it thru www.riadsmorocco.com and we could not have been happier with our choice. The owner corresponded with us personally via emial prior to and after the trip, the house manager was utterly attentive and the housekeepers were charming and delightful.

What a romantic choice, Marrakech, for a honeymoon. Congratulations!

reviews: 134
5. Re: Riad For Honeymoon

We stayed for 5 nights Villa des Orangers and it was perfect...highly recommend it. Read review from Minnesota in that section. Did take a look at La Sultana as that was my second choice and it seemed a bit more austere and not as welcoming....however exterior areas were beautiful..they would not show us a room. I think any of the highly rated Riads listed in Trip Advisor are going to be a wonderful experience but I know we will return to Villa des Orangers. It is quiet, nice pools, restaurant very good and while high price felt it was worth it. Service is tops and they will help you with any plans you have for your stay. Good luck

london
reviews: 6
6. Re: Riad For Honeymoon

I am also looking to book the Riad Kniza in April fro my husband 30th Birthday. Can anyone tell me who I cam book a good package from (that's flight/transfer and stay at the Riad Kniza)

london
reviews: 6
7. Re: Riad For Honeymoon

I am also looking to book the Riad Kniza in April fro my husband 30th Birthday. Can anyone tell me who I cam book a good package from (that's flight/transfer and stay at the Riad Kniza)

London
8. Re: Riad For Honeymoon

I am trying to decide between Bab Firdaus, Maison Mnabha, Riad de L'orangeraie, and Terrasse Des Oliviers.

(oh, also a place called Riad Dyor my friend wants to go to which looks kind of pretentious).

It is such a hard decision to make because they all look so lovely.

Maison Mnabha looks dazzling, a very Moroccan feast for the senses with all the spectacular ornate tiling and ethnic decoration. But no pool in the middle of June might be hell.

Riad L'Orangeraie has been reviewed so well and seems like a friendly haven of calm, and of course it has the pool. But is it "Moroccan" enough? Seems more Greek... all those white walls.

Terrasse Des Oliviers looks so sweet and welcoming, with the pool and the flower covered conservatory.. I can just see myself having breakfast up there in total happiness. But again, is doesnt seem to have those dazzling Moroccan design aspects Ive seen in other Riads. And is it a bit far from the square?

Finally there is Bab Firdaus, which seems to tick all the boxes, and looks truely breathtaking. Pool, terrace, location, very Moroccan looking, beautiful decor. Buuuut, is it a bit posh? I want to go their for a relaxed and indulgent few days with some friends, but Im affraid it might be full of boring rich old people.. which can have an effect on the vibe of a place!!

Any thoughts or advice would be so appreciated. Hopefully wherever we choose we are bound to have a great time. But it would be great to get a few pointers from anyone in the know. Thanks in advance for any help.