We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel options

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Travel options

I want to travel from Marrakech to Skoura on the 15th December - what is the best/cheapest option?

I've heard that you can get a grand taxi - is this recommended?

Does anyone know how much I should be paying for this (no guide - just purely transport)???

Any help appreciated

1. Re: Travel options

There are direct bus services between Marrakech and Errachidia or Rissani, which would stop at Skoura. Depending on the bus company, a ticket would cost between 80 and 100 dirham (US$8-10).

Note that most buses to Errachidia/Rissani travel overnight, which means that you'll arrive in Skoura between midnight and 2 am.

Alternatively, you can get a shared taxi from Marrakech to Ouarzazate (75 dirham per seat) and from there another to Skoura (12 dirham). If you want these taxis all to yourself, you have to pay for all 6 seats.

It's unlikely that you will find a Marrakechi taxi driver willing to do the whole route to Skoura. Your best chance for that would be to arrange one through your hotel's reception desk and leave early in the morning. That way the driver can pick up passengers on his return to Marrakech. A good price for a taxi on your own from Marrakech to Skoura would be 400 or 450 dirham.

2. Re: Travel options

On second thoughts, a good taxi fare from Marrakech to Skoura would be closer to 500-550 dirham...