We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

single woman travelling

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
israel
reviews: 7
single woman travelling

What would be good place for me to end a tour of Morocco? I want to stay another two nights before continuing on with my travels. Problem is I'm travalling alone. What would be the safest place to stay?

Winnipeg, Canada
1. Re: single woman travelling

We recently visited Morocco - just a short stay for four days in Asilah which is just a short drive south of Tangier.

It is a very lovely town and easy to get to Tangier if you are flying or taking ferry back to Europe.

You shouldn't have any problems here as a single woman.

I would also recommend a nice new hotel called Hotel something - it starts Az and then I can't remember the rest of it. It costs about 245 DH per night but includes breakfast.

Loved Asilah - great pastry shops and excellent restaurants across from the medina. Shopping is so-so here, but the people are very friendly.

Hope that helps.

Vancouver, BC
2. Re: single woman travelling

Hi,

If you are in Marrakech during Dec. 24-27, I'm there alone as well. It would be great to meet up with you since you are by yourself as well.

Let me know....

israel
reviews: 7
3. Re: single woman travelling

Shalom

Interesting, I'm also originally from Vancouver. No, I'm not there in December, rather May. I'm going on a three week tour with Eldertreks. Two years ago I went with them to VietNam and was very very impressed with their guides, understanding of the single traveller and good value.

However my experience travelling alone in North America is not good. I feel 'invisible'.

If you have any hints to pass on with your experience, I'd be grateful.

Sincerely, Shira

4. Re: single woman travelling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:02 pm, December 08, 2005
5. Re: single woman travelling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:28 pm, December 09, 2005
UK
6. Re: single woman travelling

hi - I just got back from Agadir, as a sinlge female traveller .. .. as Agadir is so touristy it is pefectly safe, although at night I felt a bit of a soft target for the more lecherous Moroccans... Agadir would be a nice chilled place to end your trip fro a couple fo days of sun on the beach (that's about all there is).... and there is an airport for further travelling .. and a big bus station in Inzgane, just south of Agadir..... I stayed at the Hotel Adrar - in the tourist beach area, so nice and safe (in the town might feel a little scary at night).. the hotel is Moroccan-run, clean, low-key and costs about 400 dirhams B&B... somewhere mid-way between the posh hotels and a hostel.