We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

location auto car hire

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
leeds
location auto car hire

Has anyone used this company to hire in marrakech? They are the cheapest i can find and i was wondering if there was a reason for this!

61 replies to this topic
London
reviews: 53
41. Re: location auto car hire

We weren't impressed with Location Auto either. We hired a car for the week we were in Marrakech, and they kept us waiting at Arrivals for 30 minutes. The car was very sluggish from the start, and then developed a fault on the way back from Essaouria. When we contacted Location Auto they didn't want to know. The manager of our hotel called them for us, and was told that we had probably been given 'bad petrol' when we filled up the car, and that we should pay to have the tank drained and the filter changed! He pointed out that it was not our responsibility, and they said that they didn't have another car. We contacted Rentalcars.com who we had made the booking with, and despite several emails, they didn't bother to try to sort the problem out.

We were also surprised by the very high deposit of 1000 Euros that they insisted on taking. I would never use either Location Auto or Rentalcars.com again.

London, United...
42. Re: location auto car hire

We booked with location auto morocco because it was reasonably priced for air conditioning. When we arrived we waited in the lobby by the other car hire places for an hour. We asked at the hertz desk where we would find location auto and they informed us that they don't have a desk, they usually wait around in the lobby! We then eventually found some men who stated they were from location auto, when we went to collect our 2 cars we found on one had AC despite paying for 2 with AC. The cars were very scratched, dented and we had to insist that they take a note of all the damages to ensure we did not be blamed for them! When we returned the cars we couldnt find the guy or a place to drop the keys off so we had to leave them with a different company!

I would definitely not recommend this company at all!

Bristol, United...
reviews: 3
43. Re: location auto car hire

We used Locationauto in downtown Marrakech on our recent holiday. We booked on one of the broker sites and it was the cheapest car with AC.

On the whole we had no major complaints. However we did have to wait for some time on collection before our car was ready. The car was a bit scratched and dented and I took photos of all the damage at the start of the rental (i have been stung by false claims of additional damage on previous rentals in other places).

Apart from that, everything went pretty smoothly. The AC was not very powerful but did function. The car very was very efficient although not very powerful - fine for me.

On the whole our experience with Locationauto was satisfactory.

ornex
reviews: 1
44. Re: location auto car hire

Can anyone tell me what the link is to Location Auo Hire in Marakesch

45. Re: location auto car hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 am, February 15, 2013

Antwerp, Belgium
46. Re: location auto car hire

Just got my voucher from economybookings.com for a rental in Fes. The local agent is...... locationauto.ma

After reading all this, I think I'd better cancel my reservation...

New York City, New...
47. Re: location auto car hire

We had a really bad time with Location Car Auto, the give me a car and I did not check the tires as results i end up out in Oruzzate with 1, 2 and few km after 3 tire punctured. as result we missed oour excursion in the desert and we returned a car with 3 brand new tires, never remboursed

New York City, New...
48. Re: location auto car hire

Do it if you can, otherwise be super picky with the checking tire and engine may have issues that you will discover when too far from a proper mechanic and end ups ruining your holiday

London, United...
reviews: 15
49. Re: location auto car hire

here's my experience with Location Auto, in Fez.

The paperwork said Hiyundai i10, (electric doors, A/C, power steering)

in reality they gave me a Dacia (none of the above)

I asked to speak to the manager, he simply refused to talk to me.

I seem to have lost the key at the last second (a very normal nothing special metal key), so I asked how much I would have to pay, and I was told it's 1400 Dirhams (120 pounds), thank god I found the key at last, but checking without anothoer agency said that it's only a 10 pounds job!!

The manager is so unpolite you won't put up with it if you have choice.

Today I booked again, they were assigned to me, I am ringing the agency to change them.

London, United...
reviews: 43
50. Re: location auto car hire

Ive hired cars many times from various agents in Morocco - no major probs only minor like wiper blades shouldve been replaced, heating doesnt work etc.

Then recommended by Moroccan friends of mine in London I tried a friend of theirs - Jawad at Malta cars in Marrakech and never had a problem - nor have others who have used them from my recommendations.

Reply to: location auto car hire
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted