We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

location auto car hire

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
leeds
location auto car hire

Has anyone used this company to hire in marrakech? They are the cheapest i can find and i was wondering if there was a reason for this!

61 replies to this topic
Cardiff, United...
reviews: 30
1. Re: location auto car hire

Just be careful, on our first visit to Morocco we nearly hired a "cheap" hire car but when we looked at it 2 of the 4 tyres were bold.

p.s. it was not with this company.

Edited: 6:09 am, May 15, 2010
Ouarzazate, Morocco
reviews: 3
2. Re: location auto car hire

If you tell us the price and the size of the car, we can maybe tell you whether it is reasonable or not. But be careful with going cheap when hiring a car. Check the insurance papers and check the car carefully.

Marrakech, Morocco
3. Re: location auto car hire

Compare prices to the 2 or 3 places that come highly recommended here & i say if its under 23 euros for a Cat A car then is this with AC or without ? how long you hiring the car ect

leeds
4. Re: location auto car hire

we are hiring the car for a week. it is a 4 door economy size with AC. the price is £170 so not that cheap.

London, United...
reviews: 5
5. Re: location auto car hire

Hi, Has anyone got any feedback / review on LOCATIONAUTO at Marrakesh airport? Please let me know how your experience was especially if you hired their economy size with AC. I have a 12 day booking with them and now quite worried! thanks

Marbella, Spain
reviews: 10
6. Re: location auto car hire

My wife and I did a weekend's booking with Location Auto at Marrakesh Airport earlier this month and it was all fine. They don't have an office within the airport and this obviously helps to keep costs down.

Two young fellows were waiting in the main arrivals hall, just in front of the other car hire offices which I thought was a logical and easy place to wait. They had a sign with my name on. Very politely they pulled our bags out of the airport across to a little red Kia Picante. We checked the car's outside and marked a couple of nicks on the form, scratches didn't count! The car was in good mechanical condition, seemed to be well maintained and started easily.

I have described all the paperwork and insurance arrangements in my blog, if you google "Location Auto marrakesh airport car hire" it will come up.

One of the Location Auto helpers on a moped guided us onto the N8 as we were heading for Agadir on the new motorway which is fantastic and excellent value for the the two and a half hour journey. No traffic to speak of and great scenery. Leaving Marrakesh and getting back to Marrakesh airport needs maximum concentration though. Pedestrians will step off the kerb in front of you at any time.

We got back to Marrakesh airport right on time, allow half an hour at least to get back into the city from the outskirts. The two Location Auto fellows, were waiting for us and the hand back formalities were done in minutes.

I wrote to them afterwards to express my appreciation and got a nice reply. I hope your experience with Location Auto works out as well as mine.

Mike Drury

Edited: 11:39 am, November 24, 2010
Okehampton, Devon
reviews: 14
7. Re: location auto car hire

Got a digital camera? take pictures all around the car & of any damage, this way you wont have in issues when you return it. also check the spare, my hire car's spare was flat.

And dont be surprised at people stepping out into the road trying to flag you down, we had dozens in 2 wks of driving. also lots of police checkpoints around too, though not a problem.

hope this helps.

Manchester, United...
reviews: 12
8. Re: location auto car hire

Just back from Marrakech and I used a local company called Medloc. 25 Euros for 1 day hire. Renault Dacia with no air conditioning. Car was a couple of years old with 108,000 miles on the clock. Mechanically the car was fine. A few scratches and scuffs cosmetically and the guy didn't note these down when I pointed them out. Said it was not a problem.

Their website said there would be a road map supplied but there wasn't one and it arrived with virtually no petrol. So if a map or GPS is important to you just remind them and they will sort you out. Petrol station was nearby although I would have preferred it if the car was delivered with a full tank that I could of then refilled before collection.

The car was delivered free to the hotel and collected next day. I would use them again primarily because they are so much cheaper than the international firms who where asking £60 plus. In short check them out on their website. The guy I spoke to speaks good English too.

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 5
9. Re: location auto car hire

just hired a car through search engine, and have ende dup with Location Auto Kia Piccante or simlar. Releived to see comments of Mike drury! Cheers PS Air con?

Marbella, Spain
reviews: 10
10. Re: location auto car hire

About air con with the Location Auto Car, yes, it had air con, not a great stream of cold air but not bad for a small car. In summer it would be worth checking that it worked OK before setting off into the depths of the desert.

The radio didn't work on the way down to Agadir but magically worked on the way back. Maybe I hadn't switched it on correctly, I certainly pushed and pulled and turned all the knobs I could think of.

So that's another thing to check before you leave Marrakesh Airport because once you are in the middle of jay walking pedestrians, jogging donkeys and wobbling moped riders, you won't have a chance to look at the air con or the radio controls. Not even my wife in the passenger seat would take her eyes off the road.

Hope that helps, best wishes with your travels in Morrocco. Mike

Reply to: location auto car hire
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted