We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marrakech to Malaga

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles, CA
Marrakech to Malaga

Is there any advantage to buying our tickets (one way) from Marrakech to Malaga once we arrive in Morocco? We've studied the train schedules and with our limited time we think it's worth biting the bullet on a flight but are getting differing opinions on the ease of buying tickets once we are in Morocco.

Thanks for you help.

Morocco and Spain
reviews: 1
1. Re: Marrakech to Malaga

How about taking the night train from Marrakech to Tangier (with cots) and then an early ferry to Algeciras? There, either a bus or taxi to Malaga.

If you want to take airflights, why wait to get them there? If you do, there are English speaking folks in RAM offices in new town of Marrakech. But the lines can be long and what a way to spend your time in Marrakech!!

Costa del Sol
reviews: 10
2. Re: Marrakech to Malaga

My wife and I live in Malaga province and have just returned from Marrakech earlier this month.

There are no direct flights from Marrakech to Malaga and we decided to take the train option, giving us maximum time in Marrakech.

We caught the overnight train, leaving Marrakech at 21.00 and arriving in Tangier the next morning at around 07.30. We took a taxi (a couple of Euros) to the port and caught the 08.00 fast ferry to Tarifa.

We had our car parked at Tarifa, but you could get the free bus laid on by the ferry company to Algeciras bus station and then take a bus from there. We did the Tarifa option rather than sail to and from Algeciras because my wife isn't the best sailor in the world and this crossing is only 35 minutes or so, compared with an hour and a half from Algeciras so you'd probably get there quicker anyway.

It costs around 27 Euros on the ferry and the train from Marrakech to Tangier will also cost you around that amount for a first class couchette berth. Bus timetables, fares and length of journey times from Algeciras can be found here http://www.ctsa-portillo.com/horarios.html

Enjoy your trip!

reviews: 3
3. Re: Marrakech to Malaga

Hmmm....I have more questions than answers but perhaps someone can help us both. We decided to leave Malaga by way of ferry at Algeciras (Gibralter) to Tangier, day train to Marrakech via Casablanca (so as to see the countryside--1st trip there), stay in Marrakech Medina at a riad for few days and then fly on Royal Air Maroc (very helpful ticket agents) to Madrid via Casablanca. The tickets were fairly expensive but because we are booked back to the States from Madrid, can't afford to not get a flight. Interested in any tips, potential difficulties, etc from those with more experience in this fascinating part of the world.

San Francisco
reviews: 2
4. Re: Marrakech to Malaga

We had a very similiar situation.

I have a post about this, but we found that it was substantially cheaper to fly round trip from Spain to Casablanca. By rearranging the order of things, we are saving a substantial amount of money.

As we had just been looking at this, I just checked Iberia and Royal Air Maroq. If you enter flexible dates on Iberia, you will see they have a few 170 euro fares (+tax), round trip from Malaga to Casablanca. They also have a few 190 euro fares (+tax), round trip from Madrid.

It's interesting, because Royal Air Maroq doesn't have a place to enter flexible dates, at least that I could find. I entered our dates on their website, as I don't know yours, and found that Madrid round trip to Casablanca was the same, at 190 euro + tax, but that Malaga round trip to Casablanca is 435 eur + tax.

I hope this helps. Good luck!