We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will be in Marrakech for New Years

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Will be in Marrakech for New Years

I will be in Marakech for New Years 2006. I am not yet sure what hotel I wll be at but am hoping to locate others who will be traveling as a couple or as singles for dinner or conversation.

Ted

New York
reviews: 1
1. Re: Will be in Marrakech for New Years

Hi, I just posted my own NYE in Marrakesh question...I will be with my boyfriend and we're wondering what to do considering NYE is more of a Western celebration (geared to Western tourists w/ prices to match). I wouldn't be against "paying up" for something awesome and fun, but I don't know what the options are...

ny
2. Re: Will be in Marrakech for New Years

I will also be there for new years - there are 6 of us from nyc...looking for something fun to do...we will as you say pay up - but are looking for ideas...

New York
3. Re: Will be in Marrakech for New Years

We're from NYC, too. La Maison Arabe tells me they have a fixed price New Years Eve celbration planned at 2000 Dirham (about $220) per person. Most of the well known restaurants put something together like this for New Years. It will include entertainment as well as much food and drink. I know this is ridiculous compared to normal Moroccan prices, but I expect there will be a lot of international travelers doing this. Could be a good crowd. Still, it's the only option I've heard of and I'd like to know what else is out there...

Palo Alto...
reviews: 16
4. Re: Will be in Marrakech for New Years

My boyfriend and I will be in Marrakech for New Years 2006 as well. Would love info on meet-ups and possible celebrations. Where are folks staying. Anybody found a good deal, <100USD?

NY
5. Re: Will be in Marrakech for New Years

I'm going to be in Marrakesh as well with my best friend. We're looking for ideas!

Paris, France
reviews: 5
6. Re: Will be in Marrakech for New Years

We too will be in Marakech for New Years. If anyone has found anything please post here for all of us.

Paris, France
7. Re: Will be in Marrakech for New Years

If any of you are still visiting this forum this looks pretty interesting. If anyone else is up for it we could reserve as a group and therefore have "a new years party in the desert!"

http://www.aubergedusud.com/serv5.html

New York
8. Re: Will be in Marrakech for New Years

The desert is a great idea but unfortunately we'll have already spent time in the Sahara by the time we reach Marrakech. So we're opting to stay in the city...2 girlfriends of mine are going to Le Comptoir for NYE, so that is an option. Anyone up for joining the 4 of us there? Please respond today, as we leave for Morocco tomorrow...

Paris, France
9. Re: Will be in Marrakech for New Years

I saw this on another forum :

http://www.rhythmsofpeace.net/parties.php

Dublin, Ireland
10. Re: Will be in Marrakech for New Years

Hi!

I'll be spending New Year in Marrakech, alone, but wouldn't mind a drink and a chat with fellow travellers.. I'm trying to book a room at Ali but their phone number seems to be busy all the time and they haven't replied my email. I arrive on the 30th from Casablanca. Have you found a hotel yet?

regards,

Lucide