We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxifares

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
nuneaton
reviews: 39
taxifares

whats the average price for a taxi from airport to center of marrakech,ive been qouted £68 for two peoples transfer to hotel by travel company,i bet i could do it for £25 by taxis ???? am i right or wrong,thanks for any info ,davro nuneaton

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 8
1. Re: taxifares

if you take a small beige coloured taxi which usually accommodates 3, you can get it for 50 dh. If travelling on abudget then take the bus; it costs around 20 dh, but then you'll have to walk to your hotel

nuneaton
2. Re: taxifares

cheers for that mate i knewit would be a lot cheaper than 68quid so they ca tak ea hike whilst we take a taxi.davro

Hertfordshire. UK
reviews: 10
3. Re: taxifares

Hi

We were just in Marrakesh a few days ago, going back there tomorrow - I would add to that post a) a lot of riads do free pickup b) always agree price before you get in c) no matter how much we were told taxis should cost us, we always were quoted by several taxis twice the amount who then refused to take us for the "reasonable" price and were happy for us to walk away - you are a tourist and they gamble on the fact you are lost without them I think. This even happened to us on simple trips.

nuneaton
4. Re: taxifares

yes u are spot on with that i have experienced this many times,but i have more patience than they have,i do walk away and ask again usually oneof them will come after you and re negotiate providing there are several of them.ps thanks for reply enjoy your trip,davro

5. Re: taxifares

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 01, 2010