We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel suggestions

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pasadena, CA
Hotel suggestions

I am starting to plan a trip to Marrakech for next September. We always like to stay within walking distance of restaurants, shops, etc. My travel agent has suggested La Mamounia--however TripAdvisor members are giving it a terrible review. For that price I would like something special--although I would certainly rather not pay 500.00 a night! I prefer a hotel versus a guest house--restaurant, bar, etc. We would like something with local atmosphere.

Thank you for your help.

USA
reviews: 5
1. Re: Hotel suggestions

Check out the Riad dar Mimouna, an affordable, luxurious 10 room Inn set in a beautiful old restored merchant's house, complete with drop-dead beautiful indoor and outdoor private courtyards - located basically around the corner from the Hotel Mimouna and tucked away just inside the Medina walls. The website is: www.riadmimouna.com. We had the best time there! It was quiet and luxurious and the staff treated us like gold, yet Riad dar Mimouna is only steps away from all the action. It was the perfect spot to unwind and worth every dollar/dirham. By the way, while it costs $120-150/night, we found better rates on orbitz.com and the staff, of course, honored them.

Pancho and Konan the warrior-girl

Marrakech, Morocco
2. Re: Hotel suggestions

This is for you and all the travellers to Morocco who are considering to stay at La Mamounia. The hotel will be closed, destroyed and completely rebuilt again with a totally different style and layout starting from May 1,2006.

London
reviews: 9
3. Re: Hotel suggestions

I have just returned from a four night stay at the Villa des Orangers, a 19 bed riad/hotel in the south of the medina. They have two swimming pools - one on the rooftop and one on the terrace, both with a sufficient number of sun loungers.

The prices may seem expensive but bear in mind that the prices at the Villa des Orangers includes transfers, breakfast, lunch and laundry.

It is a 5 minute walk away from the food stalls in the main square and also a 5 minute taxi ride away from the new town (Gueliz) where you can find the European restaurants.

When I was in Marrakech, I visited Churchill's Bar at La Mamounia hotel. Considering it was a weekend, it was almost empty. I think you would be better off visiting other bars. I would suggest the newly opened Pacha nightclub. Seemed a very happening place with lots of atmosphere.