We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kasbah Le Mirage or other traditional hotel suggestion

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southampton, United...
reviews: 32
Kasbah Le Mirage or other traditional hotel suggestion

Hi,

Has anyone stayed here? Looks lovely but can't find any reviews!

Alternatively we are looking for a traditional hotel with a sunbathing terrace and prefrerably a pool for upto £150 per room per night. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

1. Re: Kasbah Le Mirage or other traditional hotel suggestion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:56 am, March 14, 2006
france
2. Re: Kasbah Le Mirage or other traditional hotel suggestion

Hello- Was here end of August/beginning September. Beautiful Kasbah, not entirely finished, but they are working on it... (the hammam/massage room is under construction- ) Our room was a "family" size room. What really bothered me was the moldy wall due to the leaking air conditioner (which was leaking INSIDE the wall) We were on the ground floor, which seemed to be a bit sombre. I would suggest being upstairs and maybe having an outside desert/mountain view. We also heard alot of employee chatter and running about early in the morning, our room being next to the employees headquarters!

Other things that I didn't appreciate:

1) It is noted as being only 4KM from Marrakech. Maybe so, but half of this is a desert trail. The drive to the center, where they have the shuttle drop off, ends up taking a good 20 mins in their 4X4. You are really out there. In fact, the hotel is situated in a little village, or hamlet. Most of the village people are hotel employees.

2) If you need water, drinks...be prepared to pay approx. 3 euros a pop. (when I was there, it was 58°C, we drank alot of water and that became expensive! There is a little old woman that has a hidden stand right at the entrance of the KASBAH that sells the same bottled water for about 30 euro cents... (I guess this is for the hotel employees, but my son was able to buy there without any problem!) I wasn't thrilled over the meals and found them quite expensive for what we ate.... I was sick the entire week with tourista and heat exhaustion, which may have altered my taste buds, however!

3) The employees are sweet- but everything is new and chaotic. Don't expect super swift service. Good note: I was very happy to find the hotel shuttle service at midnight though, when we arrived at Marrakech. Taxis are much cheaper than their "airport shuttle", but then again, I'm not sure that all taxis can all get there with the desert trail access....

4) Make sure to request to see the entire printout before paying! I ended up paying about 150 to 200 euros more than what I had expected, and this is not including all the bottled water and sodas.

That's about it. It's very authentic and beautifully decorated- the views should be incredible in winter months, but when we were there it was too hot and the mountains were in a haze... The pool is lovely... you are entirely dependent on the hotel for everything-- only set back. I was hoping to be able to walk to places. Impossible. (or at least when we were there in 58 degree celcius heat!!!)

Let me know if you have other questions!