We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Marrakech

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
Honeymoon in Marrakech

I'm planning my honeymoon in Marrakech for November. Can anyone tell me if November is a good time to stay in a Riad as far as weather? And does anyone have any reccomendations for a hotel/riad during this time.

I've been on line looking at La Villa Des Orangers and Dar Bamileke, but there doesn't seem to be much availability in November.

Any information anyone can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Marrakech, Morocco
1. Re: Honeymoon in Marrakech

The weather in November is comfortable, although the nights can be chilly. A good place to stay would be Villa1001Nights. It is very convenient because it exactly between the old and new parts of Marrakech. It is at a walking distance from the city's main street and most of the interesting restaurants both in the medina and the modern district. Most important, it is directly accessible by car: you won't have to walk into labyrinths with hardly any street lights. A precious suggestion: get in touch with this highly reliable tour guide, he will be of great help whether you hire him or not: MOHAMED ALI ELAZKEM craftali@yahoo.fr

Marrakech, Morocco
2. Re: Honeymoon in Marrakech

The weather in November is comfortable, although the nights can be chilly. A good place to stay would be Villa1001Nights. It is very convenient because it exactly between the old and new parts of Marrakech. It is at a walking distance from the city's main street and most of the interesting restaurants both in the medina and the modern district. Most important, it is directly accessible by car: you won't have to walk into labyrinths with hardly any street lights. A precious suggestion: get in touch with this highly reliable tour guide, he will be of great help whether you hire him or not: MOHAMED ALI ELAZKEM craftali@yahoo.fr

Marrakech, Morocco
3. Re: Honeymoon in Marrakech

Geneva, Switzerland
reviews: 6
4. Re: Honeymoon in Marrakech

Hi there! My husband and I just returned from a week in Morocco of which 5 days were spent in Marrkech. Our weather was extremely hot....more than 110 degrees in the afternoon, so I think November should be a great time for you (it is the high season there). I just posted a review of the Riad Bab Firdaus...it was great but there were a few problems (airconditioning related so won't be an issue for you). You can check out their website if you like (www.babfirdaus.com). Also, have you checked Riad Farnatchi? That place looked amazing and gets great reviews but was outside our budget. One place we went for dinner that we really enjoyed was Casa Lalla (www.casalalla.com). They also have rooms there and they looked really great and the price was reasonable...we were wishing we would have stayed there instead. It is very close the main square so it is very convenient but the alleys are a bit dark at night. We had no problems but they could use some lanterns or something around there. Anyway, if you don't stay there, you should at least have dinner there...Richard Neat is a two michelin star chef...and the prices are very reasonable for having such a genius in the kitchen. Also, for a romantic cocktail, I recommend Ryad Tamsna, with an amazing rooftop terrace. Arrive in time for the evening call to prayer, get a real taste of Marrekech. Hope this helps. Bon Voyage!

california
5. Re: Honeymoon in Marrakech

Villa Des Orangers is 5 star! My husband and I just returned today and I couldn't wait to recommend it to others because Trip Advisors is where we found helpful info to direct us there. If you love the pool-this is the hotel for you-two pools-lots of seats because there are only about 19 rooms-privacy-peaceful-and when the sun begins to go down at about 5:30-move to the roof top pool for another hour or more of sun! Breakfast and lunch is included-breakfast on the rooftop is the best and lunch at the bottom pool in the sun in the afternoon.The service is very attentive-ask for a drink by the pool and you will be served in a few minutes-Orangeuice is fresh and so good!!!!(and the croissants are warm and fresh in the morning!)This Riad is Honeymoon material-very romantic, private and again fullfills every meaning of five stars.We both were very impressed with the staff and remember to ask them to direct you to the top four or so restaurants to eat at while you are there!

California
6. Re: Honeymoon in Marrakech

Thank you to everyone who responded. This information is most valuable. I managed to get Riad Farnatchi for 2 nights and working on the rest. I will let you how it is.

Thanks again!

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 6
7. Re: Honeymoon in Marrakech

www.riad72.com is absolutely gorgeous! 4 large rooms, large rood terrace with pool, beautifully decorated etc perfect for a honeymoon, well - I'd love it for mine!!