We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

desert trip from Marrakech

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
newcastle uk
desert trip from Marrakech

Hi We are going to Marrakech next April .We want to go into the desert for a short trip ( 2 days ) with short camel trek .Any ideas of where to go ? Who to arrange this with ? Likely costs We are a family of two parents and two teenagers .Thanks for your help

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 98
21. Re: desert trip from Marrakech

We live in Rabat and just returned from a trip to Merzouga, the Todra Gorge, and the Dades Valley. We highly recommend them all. The dunes are much more amazing at Merzouga than at Zagora. The Todra Gorge is quite nice, but don't miss the Dades Valley. We stayed at a completely new hotel called Kasbah Didis (I wrote a review here, search on the name). It was incredibly clean, great price, and the food in the restaurant was super. The view is also incredible as it is built on the highest hill in the valley. We drove from Rabat to Meknes, to Midelt, to Errachidia, and then to Merzouga. We stayed at the Hotel Kasbah Marhayut in Merzouga and had a GREAT room (it was actually a separate building from the hotel and we had the apartment all to ourselves, ask for it). We arranged the overnight trip into the desert through the hotel. It was fantastic as my photos clearly show. The teenagers will love the camel ride! Also, tell them that a new sport in Merzouga is "sandboarding" -- just like snowboarding but you do it on the sand dunes. There are also quads to rent if you want to do that in the sand. It was the BEST vacation we've had in years and are bringing over our children in September to do it all over again!!

Bangkok
reviews: 4
22. Re: desert trip from Marrakech

hello Morocomania;

You can do that for 3day 2nights with your own group but as per my experience ( just last week), you will be very tired. The distance from Marrakesh to Merzuga is around 400 km.which I think you will be on the car all day.Another thing is you will miss the good scenery like Dades Gorge and Todra Gorge which is worthwide to visit.

Bangkok
reviews: 4
23. Re: desert trip from Marrakech

Agree with Morocco Traveller : please do not miss Dades and Todra Gorge !!!!!

Kingston,Jamaica
reviews: 14
24. Re: desert trip from Marrakech

Thanks for the advice!!!

25. Re: desert trip from Marrakech

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:51 am, May 28, 2006