We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sahara Services

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
The Netherlands
reviews: 55
Sahara Services

I have a question about Sahara Services, M'hamid. We want to make a tour with this organisation from Marrakech to M'hamid and into the desert. They made us a good offer. Now I read some bad reviews on TA about Sahara Services. Did anyone have good experience with them? Or do we need to take another organisation. We are with 4 adults and two teenagers.

Thank you for your reply.

Lauren

Bradford, West...
reviews: 7
1. Re: Sahara Services

I took an overnight trip to Erg Chigaga with them in November 2006 by 4x4. Paid I think something like 45 pounds each (2 people). No complaints at all, really enjoyed it, no problems. The camp even had flushing toilets!

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 8
2. Re: Sahara Services

45 pounds for how many days/ nights? was it an all- inclusive trip( food, accommodation?) If you could provide the itinerary it will help other travellers.

45 pounds is really cheap even travelling with others

Bradford, West...
reviews: 7
3. Re: Sahara Services

I seem to recall it was 44 pounds each at the exchange rate back then (16DH to 1GBP). Got to Mhamid about 10.30 am, booked the trip. They went and got some supplies and we headed out in a 4x4, 2 hrs to Erg Chigaga with 1 stop. Got to the camp, had a lunch - sardines and salad (fatal move to eat the salad, messed up my guts badly and in 13 visits to Morocco that has never happened before). Had a few hours free then we got a nice dinner. Sleep then up at sunrise and then got a decent breakfast too. The headed back to Mhamid by a different route. very satisfied with it.

Erg Chebbi, Morocco
reviews: 2
4. Re: Sahara Services

The price that was mentioned! stil under -talk- i would suggest to get there and book your holiday while you get there; that's the classic way ! in nowday we can't even recognize/belive what's negative/positive reviews are!!! tour operator are cheating over TA.

toronto
5. Re: Sahara Services

Hi Lauren,

How was your tour with Sahara Services? I'm trying to do the same one, but they are asking for a 150 euro deposit. Did they ask you for a deposit over e-mail?

The Netherlands
reviews: 55
6. Re: Sahara Services

They asked us to send an account in advance, 200 Euros or we could communicate to them our Credit Card Number. We did the last thing. I sent my credit card number and that was enough. We paid the amount the first day. We had a wonderful trip. Our driver was Hamid. Ask for him. He was great!!

have a great time!

Lauren

toronto
7. Re: Sahara Services

Thanks so much Lauren! This really eases my mind. I can't wait to take the tour.

8. Re: Sahara Services

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:30 am, November 07, 2009