We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveing to Morocco from Spain with children?

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Africa
Traveing to Morocco from Spain with children?

Has anyone traveled to Morocco with children? I have 3 - 3yrs, 8 & 11yrs. I would like to travel to Morocco from Spain, where is the best place to travel from Spain if we want to go by ferry and how long does it take. Is Mor safe for children. My kids are very adventurous, we live in South Africa "out in the sticks". Any place to stay thats exotically exciting for a family?

We're planning to go in August for a few days from Spain. Is the weather good this time of the year?

Thanks

Jolanie

1. Re: Traveing to Morocco from Spain with children?

August is the hottest period in Morocco. Stay out of the cities and do not go east of the Atlas mountains. Stick to the beaches or the mountains.

It's also the busiest month for foreign visitors, with around 2.5 million Moroccans who live abroad coming home for the summer.

Nice places up north are Cabo Negro (close to the interesting city of Tetouan), Chefchaouen and Asilah.

Morocco is safe for children. There is very little in terms of special kids' entertainment, but the country is full of impressions. From donkeys in the street to camels on the beach, they won't be bored quickly.

For ferry connections from Spain, see

www.triotours.com/faq/ma/ferry-from-spain.htm

Ferries from Algeciras and Tarifa take between 30 minutes (fast ferry) to 2 hours.

Southampton, United...
reviews: 9
2. Re: Traveing to Morocco from Spain with children?

Hi Ula,

I live in Spain myself, I normally get a bus either to Algeseiras or Tarifa, and then get the ferry over. The ferry from Tarifa is best as it only takes about 30-45 minutes To Tangiers. Then you get the train to Marrakech. It's best to get to Tangiers in the evening, as then you can get the over night train with cuchettes, they're about 18 Euros and it means you can get some sleep! Make sure you take lots of light clothes, as the summer is very hot there, but also take sweaters as the evenings can get quite chilly. Also check out Riad Eclectica in the main square, its very nice. Have a great time!