We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vaccinations

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 10
vaccinations

Just wondering if anyone could help?

I am travelling to Marrakech in 5 weeks from the UK and am getting such conflicting information on recommended/essential vaccinations required.

Am also worrying that if I do require any that I may have left it too late

Thanks

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 12
1. Re: vaccinations

Travelling from UK you do not need vaccinations although some citizens seem rather paranoid and go the full distance with unecessary vaccinations. The case may be different coming from other countries.

In general all the travellers I have come into contact with, do not have vaccinations when travelling to Morocco from UK.

You should really trust advice from your GP and not seek recommendation on TA.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 6
2. Re: vaccinations

Morocco is quite a safe country So I don't think you need any special vaccination other than the routine ones.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 12
3. Re: vaccinations

Truebeliever - what are "the routine ones"?

As I understand it, travelling from the UK requires no vaccinations.

penna
4. Re: vaccinations

only one i might suggest is the one for hepititus and if you have not had a recent tetnis shot get one of those.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 6
5. Re: vaccinations

routine ones will be what you'd have taken in your home country. Comican has pointed out somen but Moroccan customs don't require any

Brisbane
6. Re: vaccinations

We are also travelling around Morocco in 5 weeks.

Our Travellers Vaccination and Medical Centre advised us to have Hepatitis A and B, and Typhoid vaccinations.

You have not left it too late. Hep A and Typhoid can be given as a single dose - Hep B can be given over 4 weeks.

Hope this helps - have a great trip!

UK
reviews: 10
7. Re: vaccinations

Thanks a lot everyone :-))

louguy231
8. Re: vaccinations

I agree with people going overboard with vaccinations. I am in the US and on the CDC website it is talking about getting a rabies vaccine. I think that is totally unnecessary. I am thinking of taking a camel trek but I am not going to be going around petting stray dogs or preforming veterinarian work. I think the health care administrations of most countries go a little bit overboard because they don't want to be caught with their pants down. If their has been an outbreak of something in the past 50 years they seem to want to suggest you get a vaccination. I had to laugh because most of the stuff that they are telling me to get to go to a foreign country is prevelant in the US. Go figure!

Thanks,

Shawn

9. Re: vaccinations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 am, September 28, 2009