We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tangier to Marrakech by train?

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wellington, NZ
Tangier to Marrakech by train?

Hi all

Can you tell me how to get from the Tangier ferry stop, then how to get a train ticket (over night) to Marrakech in the easiest way?

Thanks kindly, Ray

Paris, France
reviews: 2
1. Re: Tangier to Marrakech by train?

Take a petit taxi to the train station (la gare des trains) either from inside the port or after the longish walk to the gates of the port (the latter option is likely to be cheaper). In the latter case, insist on the use of the meter, but if you go from inside the port, you'll probably have to accept a negotiated price. After 8pm or 9pm, it's the meter plus 50%. At the train station, buy your ticket to Marrakech (first or second class). The train leaves at 11pm and arrives at 8:40am. Further info on the Railways web site www.oncf.ma

NZer in Morocco

uk
reviews: 3
2. Re: Tangier to Marrakech by train?

you can buy a 2nd class ticket and then depending whether its busy or not you can upgrade to first class by paying the conductor the difference. I travelled to marrakech from Fes in March and it was really busy. If you can get to the train station a little earlier and get on the train as early as possible. However, the train may not be starting from Tangier and so this may not be possible.

pa
reviews: 3
3. Re: Tangier to Marrakech by train?

there is a new high end train station now in the port.

you cn get a taxi from the ship dock to the station .make sure to get a petite taxi ... the fiat ones/

none f the port taxis use the meter so do not bother trying .

you will need to negociate your fare .

should not run more then 20 dh or 2 euro.

it is maybe a 10 min ride there

you can get a ticket there for the train to Mara

there is both day and night trains

i wouls most likely take what ever one is next.

I recomend getting the 1st class

safer travel and more comfortable and u might get air cond.

the cochetts are 6 beds 3 high in 2nd and 4 bunk beds in 1st

some of the day train have changes make sure you know if yours does.

good luck