We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Half Board or Eat out ?

Which Marrakech hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 1
Half Board or Eat out ?

I've just booked a trip to Marrakech in June and I have the option to book on a half board basis. Would anyone advise taking this option or eating outside the hotel each night ? If so, where should we head for good value, safe food choices ?

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 12
1. Re: Half Board or Eat out ?

I'm not sure where in Marrakech you are staying. If it is the Grand Hotel Tazi then you will be close to many culinary possibilities; I have not tried them all.

Do not eat breakfast or lunch at the Tazi, go on to the main street linking the Tazi to the Place de Jemaa el Fna and have some coffee and croissants which are quite large.

By lunch time all the eating houses will be open, there are several cafe's in the Place. I have had shish kebebs from sidewalk vendors and not fallen ill.

In the evening the Jemaa el Fna will be transformed from the daytime market into an outdoor restaurant area and performing arts area. Lots of food on offer, well cooked seafood stalls. Don't worry about language problems, a lot of Moroccan's speak english but if not, just point to what you want. Prices are cheap and you will not be cheated, they will give you any change due.

Exchange rate is about 15.5 Dirhams to the English pound.

If staying at the Tazi, politely insist on a room at the back of the hotel, they are located overlooking a road only used for night-time parking so you will not need ear plugs. Those at the front are horrible and really run-down and you wil hear all the noise from the foyer and street. Any advice contact me at jklejna@aol.com.

Paris, France
reviews: 64
2. Re: Half Board or Eat out ?

Don't take the half board... There is a wide choice of (good) restaurants in Marrakech in every possible price range.