We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Palais de Fes - Ghastly!!!

Which Fes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 12
Restaurant Palais de Fes - Ghastly!!!

Don't accept any recommendation to eat here, it's hugely over-rated and over-priced.

Expensive 350Dh set menu (which they bring you after you've ordered a drink to deter you from leaving). A ridiculous amount of food - about twelve starter dishes, of which I'd say just one was any good. The rest of the meal was not much better.

"What is the recipe for the beans, monsieur?" "Put them in water, boil them for too long, then stick them on a dish".

Music was quite good and in summer the views will be a necessary distraction from overpriced and mediocre food. But if it's food you want, eat in the ville nouvelle!

Jerez de la Frontera
Destination Expert
for Fes
reviews: 6
1. Re: Restaurant Palais de Fes - Ghastly!!!

You're not the first to decry the Palais de Fes-sounds as if better food can be had elsewhere at much better prices. Unfortunately, Fes is rife with these mediocre restaurants taking advantage of unsuspecting tourists, thanks for the warning!

Fez, Morocco
2. Re: Restaurant Palais de Fes - Ghastly!!!

I'm sorry, Duncan, that you disliked this place so much. It is very expensive, but at the lower end of fancy places in Fes. Others cost 450-550 dh. As for the food, it's one of my favorites, and for me at least, the starters/salads are amazing. What I sometimes do at lunch is get just the salads, which costs much less. Oh well...."de gustibus non est disputandum".

3. Re: Restaurant Palais de Fes - Ghastly!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, August 17, 2009