We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casablanca to Chefchouen need help

Which Casablanca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Barcelona, Spain
reviews: 1
Casablanca to Chefchouen need help

I will be spending a week in morrocco and one of the journeys we must make is from Casablanca to Chefchouen. Are their direct buses or trains. We are having difficulty find information as it doesn´t seem to be a route with alot of transport options(from what i can see). Can anybody help?. Also how much would it cost by bus. Are grand taxis an option. We will be 3 people

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 71
1. Re: Casablanca to Chefchouen need help

there is a direct CTM bus on this route - but I think only 1 per day, check CTM.ma

grand taxi could be an option, although you may have to change once or twice along the way

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
2. Re: Casablanca to Chefchouen need help

By CTM bus from Casablanca. No trains. The journey time used to be around 9 hours but this may have changed. Possible by grand taxi too but it would be cheaper to get the train to Fes and travel to Chefchaouen by bus (about 2.5 hours). No idea as to various costs, sorry.

Edited: 7:26 am, March 31, 2014
Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 71
3. Re: Casablanca to Chefchouen need help

Just to correct the wrong info above.

Casa to Chaouen is about 6 hours by CTM bus

Fes to Chaouen is about 4 hours

in fact Tangier is the nearest major hub at around 3hrs by CTM

4. Re: Casablanca to Chefchouen need help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 02, 2015