We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in 17 Hours? Casablanca Private Tour Guide

Which Casablanca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Miami, Florida
What to do in 17 Hours? Casablanca Private Tour Guide

Hi all,

I have a 17 hour layover in Casablanca on December 18, 2013. I would like to be able to experience both Casablanca and the surrounding areas. I'm usually all for adventure however, I am a graduate student traveling alone so I'm concerned about safety.

Are there any informal private tours that I could take of Morocco? It really doesn't even have to be through a company. I just don't want to spend an arm and a leg to do/see something that may be much more inexpensive.

Note: I do not want to leave Morocco without riding a camel if that is at all possible!

El Jadida, Morocco
1. Re: What to do in 17 Hours? Casablanca Private Tour Guide

hello first of all you are welcome to morocco casa it's a big city the economic capital of the country so if you interseted by business it's the right place but you can visit masjid hassan II it' one of bigest masjid in the world .

morocco has a lot things to see you can do this circuit start from casa to marakech by train one day and one night it's enough to doscover this lovely city then you can go to kasbah ait benhaddou then ouarzazate after gorges todgha then merzouga in that place you will enjoy desert and ride camel after merzouga you can reach beni mellal and then fes finally chaouen if you want i can send you a map to show you how long is the circuit .

i always traveling alone so don't worry morocco it's safe 100 % if you need any other information i'm here .

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 64
2. Re: What to do in 17 Hours? Casablanca Private Tour Guide

17hours is nothing so you certainly dont have time to see all the things mentioned above, perhaps abdela62 thought you had 17 days?!

basically you can either just stay in Casablanca - check the 'Things To Do' tab at the top of the page for advice.

Or take a trip to Rabat which is 1hour away by train (El Jadida is also possible but probably not a good time of year to enjoy the coast).

If you want to ride a camel then your nearest option would be to head to Marrakech - but it is 3/4 hours away from Casablanca so you dont really have time to do it justice

3. Re: What to do in 17 Hours? Casablanca Private Tour Guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 08, 2014