We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel to morocco

Which Casablanca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
travel to morocco

Hello All. My husband and I have 8 days to spent in Morocco. We are flying into Casablanca and not sure what cities we MUST visit and for how many days each. Its our first time traveling to Mocorro and totally unprepared. Please help.

14 replies to this topic
Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 39
1. Re: travel to morocco

Depends on your interests. I never understand this preoccupation with cities, personally I would avoid cities and concentrate on the mountains, coastlines and countryside.

Your best route is to buy a guidebook, study it, and work out what interests YOU.

Edited: 6:04 pm, October 08, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
reviews: 64
2. Re: travel to morocco

I am agree with Tim, you need study a little before to go to Morocco, it is big country with many interesting places and if you have only 8 days, it is important to make a good choice so you can enjoy your stay there.

marrakech
reviews: 17
3. Re: travel to morocco

Try to give Fez and Marrakech each 2 full days. Worst case, Fez 2 days and Marrakech 1 day. Then it depends. Do the classical route Casablanca - Rabat - Meknes - Fez - Sahara - Todra Gorges - Dades - Ouarzazate - Ait Benhaddou - Marrakech - Casablanca. If you've already seen the desert somewhere else, then you could do Casablanca - Rabat - El Araiche - Asilah - Tetouan - Tanger - Chefchouen - Fez - Casablanca.

4. Re: travel to morocco

Thank you all. I have to start with buying a tour guide I suppose. Have a lot to prepare for....

thanks again

Madrid, Spain
5. Re: travel to morocco

If you have the opportunity, you should also visit Ifrane. It's a beautiful place in the mountains of Middle Atlas, and it looks like Switzerland for its landscapes and for its climate too. In winter, people even go skiing there. You can also visit the National Parc of Ifrane where you will see the biodiversity of that region.

If you go to Meknes, you shouldn't miss the Volubilis in its suburbs, which is an ancient excavated Roman City.

florida
reviews: 27
6. Re: travel to morocco

I have traveled to Morocco three times. I can only give you my personal opinion. Fez is a must for it's history and the souks. Mezouga for it's sand baths, overnight camel treks in Erg Chebbe and general spirituality.. I have traveled off the beaten path to some fantastic casades Dades Gorge is fun and good for a day trek to stretch your legs Morocco has many faces and even to travel 20 miles, the landscapes will be so different. It is easy to get around with train, buses and cab. Research is imperative. I did it mostly on line. You will be amazed at what there is to see in my second country, Morocco.

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
7. Re: travel to morocco

Eight days?! Get real, people! My advice? Base yourselves in Fes (four days) and Marrakech (the other four days). Take day tours from each city for a taster of what two different regions have to offer the traveller.

Post @3 is a joke - it takes a half day to travel between Fes and Marrakech let alone the absurd itinerary suggested.

Montreal, Canada
reviews: 5
8. Re: travel to morocco

Just came back ! Taxi from airport nor more then 300 .We took the train cost us 80 dh each then when we got into town the taxi guy said 150 to hotel. the next few days we got that same 150 down to 50 and one day found a taxi with a metor running and it was down to 5 dh go figure . Take your live in to your own hands crossing any streets. we were killed at least 8 times but we had nine lives ! Oh yes I as a woman have never been shoulder wacked by so many other women ! All in all nice town if you can over look the aragant people !

9. Re: travel to morocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:05 pm, November 15, 2013

10. Re: travel to morocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:05 pm, November 15, 2013
Edited: 6:05 pm, November 15, 2013

Reply to: travel to morocco
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted