We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weekend-getaway options

Which Casablanca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Albuquerque, New...
reviews: 164
weekend-getaway options

I've followed the recommendations for in-city explorations. I have a weekend free to go outside the city. For a first-time visitor what is attractive culturally/photographically nearby or on off shore islands.

Tom

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
1. Re: weekend-getaway options

If you have a whole weekend to escape from the culturally bereft industrial city of Casablanca and are interested in photographing Moroccan architecture from several dynasties then you could do worse than by visiting the ancient Imperial city of Marrakech (a bit over 3 hours by train). Alternatively if landscape and scenery is more to your liking there are several options available to you. Not offshore islands though - very few exist.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 39
2. Re: weekend-getaway options

Visit the ancient Portuguese ramparts at El Jadida, morocco-knowledgebase.net/tim/jadida_boats.j…

With the underground water cistern where Orson Welles filmed Othello, morocco-knowledgebase.net/tim/jadida_cistern…

And then have a fruit panache (Moroccan-style smoothie), morocco-knowledgebase.net/tim/jadida_panache…

El Jadida is where I first came across the chipstix, a deep-fried potato, morocco-knowledgebase.net/tim/chipstix.jpg

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 1
3. Re: weekend-getaway options

Rabat is a wonderful option to take exploring the historical sites from Kasbah Des Oudayas, the Hassan tower, the Ancient town of Chellah, moreover; don't miss the Archeological muse, in addition to this; Rabat has a real moroccan lifestyle to enjoy by the old medina.

Albuquerque, New...
reviews: 164
4. Re: weekend-getaway options

Thanks for the tips. I'll see which I can work in.

5. Re: weekend-getaway options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 25, 2014