We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi fare from City center to airport

Which Casablanca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Honolulu
Taxi fare from City center to airport

We will be staying at the Novotel Casablanca City Center hotel and our flight is 7:30 the next morning. What is the approximate taxi fare to go to the airport for two people with luggage? What is petit taxi and Taxi Vert as often mentioned in this forum? Is it OK just to take a taxi waiting outside the hotel? Will meters be used?

Thank you for all responses!

16 replies to this topic
marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 60
1. Re: Taxi fare from City center to airport

Hi,

As you are generally advised to get to the airport two hours before departure and adding on travelling time from town you'll need to book a taxi for 05.00,. Taxis Vert are petit taxis who charge the meter fare plus 10 Dirhams during the day and plus 15-20 Dirhams at night. The hotel receptionist will be able to call them for you.

2. Re: Taxi fare from City center to airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:26 am, October 06, 2013

Honolulu
3. Re: Taxi fare from City center to airport

How far is the journey to the airport and how long it will take from the city center?

John, you mentioned we should reserve a taxi the day before. Unfortunately, We will be traveling without the convenience of a cell phone. So calling Taxi Vert will not work for us. If petits taxis don't go to the airport, my other alternative would be Grand Taxis. Are they easy to hail in the street? If I make connection with one the day before, will they be trustworthy enough to come to pick us up the next day as agreed? We have to leave quite early in the morning and if they don't show up, we can be in serious trouble. Also, you mentioned they may pick up additional passengers on the way as they are 6 passengers taxi. How do we determine the fare then?

Thank you again!

4. Re: Taxi fare from City center to airport

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Honolulu
5. Re: Taxi fare from City center to airport

Thank you very much, John.

Warsaw, Poland
6. Re: Taxi fare from City center to airport

Hi John,

Your info is really valuable, thanks! I'm visiting Casa in May, but bought some inconvenient lufthansa lights. So I'm arriving at 00:15 and departing at 6:50am. In which case I'm left with taxi services only.

Would you recommend Taxis Verts for 2 pax transfer? What should be the quoting price? How is it compared to Grand Taxis?

Thanks!

7. Re: Taxi fare from City center to airport

Virginia
reviews: 4
8. Re: Taxi fare from City center to airport

I will also be staying at Novotel in Nov. and 7:30 AM return flight. Tour operator is offering $58 US transfers from airport each way. Looks like worst case scenario with taxi would be less than that. How do you get taxis to agree to the set price of $250-300 dirhams that I should be paying? Is that per person per taxi if more than 1 person or same for 2 people? If it is just me, does taxi wait for other people or is it private? For return I will probably have to have hotel arrange taxi. Should that be more than 400 dirhams for taxi and extra to hotel for arranging plus the early hour or is 400 dirhams the max?

9. Re: Taxi fare from City center to airport

Removed on: 4:28 am, October 07, 2013

Pinellas Park...
reviews: 1
10. Re: Taxi fare from City center to airport

I'll need a taxi next month from Mohamed V to my hotel in downtown Casablanca not too far from the port. Am I to understand that the cost of a taxi (petit vert or grand?) is 250 dirhams? Does that cover a tip?

Bagwilltravel924

Reply to: Taxi fare from City center to airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted