We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on time in Casablanca

Which Casablanca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Table View, South...
reviews: 64
Advice on time in Casablanca

It seems that the consensus is that there is not much to keep one busy here. This leaves me with a problem as I have 1.5 days to kill before my tour starts. I land at 11:55 on 13 April and as the tour already include Rabat, Meknes, etc I need to find something to do.

Now the tour company states the following in there notes..is this worth doing for a full day or can it be done on day of arrival.

"A pleasant way to spend the day exploring Casablanca is to wander the old medina and the city walls, then jump in a taxi to visit the Quartiers des Habous - the new medina full of shaded squares and narrow streets, lined with arcades that lead from one souk to another. This is a great place to enjoy a Moroccan coffee and maybe start improving your bargaining skills. Finish the day with a walk along the Corniche, watching the locals enjoy sunset football on the beach."

Alternatively are there places close by, eg. Maarif or El Jadida that make for a good day trip.

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
1. Re: Advice on time in Casablanca

The tour company's suggestions are reasonable but if you can fit in a trip to El Jadida I think you will find it time well spent for the contrast, the history and the culture.

Table View, South...
2. Re: Advice on time in Casablanca

Thank you. I have had a look at the train timetables and it seems that the first train runs at 08:27 and the the back at 14:40 and only again at 17:30 (which is to late).

So I may need to take a taxi...The question is how much should I expect to pay for a taxi, per trip.

Marrakech, Morocco
3. Re: Advice on time in Casablanca

You could try the bus schedules, CTM for example, to see whether this might suit you better. The site is in French but with easy to follow timetables:

www.ctm.ma

Casablanca
4. Re: Advice on time in Casablanca

I think, you'd better have a day trip to Rabat, exploring part of real Moroccan History and culture, by visiting Hassan Tower and the Mosuluem, with the Kasbah Des Oudayas, and Chellah, this sites will make your day very intersting Journey.

In Case you will base it to El Jadida, try to visit the Cistern, and the Mazagan Medina.

Table View, South...
5. Re: Advice on time in Casablanca

Thanks for the responses. having issues with the bus web-site, giving me blank pages back when requesting a schedule.

Am I correct that they do run on a Sunday.

Marrakech, Morocco
6. Re: Advice on time in Casablanca

The CTM buses do operate on Sundays. Departures from Casablanca start at 7 am, then 8.30 and at two hour intervals thereafter. Returns from El Jadida (confusingly called eljadida on the website) are at 3 pm, 5 pm and the last one at 7.15 pm. The journey takes 1 hour and 50 minutes.

Table View, South...
7. Re: Advice on time in Casablanca

Thank you

8. Re: Advice on time in Casablanca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:17 pm, October 28, 2013
9. Re: Advice on time in Casablanca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 23, 2014