We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Only half day in Casablanca

Which Casablanca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Turkey
reviews: 22
Only half day in Casablanca

Hi,

Me and a friend of mine, we will fly to MOrocco at the end of January. Our flight is to Casablanca, so we will land there. But we won't spend the night there, we will take a train to Marrakesh to sleep there and start the next day directly in Marrakesh. We will land in Casa at 12.55. We plan to take a train to Marrakesh at 18.50. And in between w want to see the famous Mosque Hassan II and a little walk around the city may be (probably the one mapped in Lonely Planet guide to see the art deco buildings starting form Catedrale du Sacré Coeur and finishing at Place Novembre). After that, we should go to the Casa Voyageurs I guess, to take the train.

So do you think we should arrange a guide for this half day, or is it easy to do this by our own? We are 2 females, both experienced travellers, speaking french and english. I was thinking may be we can take a taxi to the Mosque, than to the center to make the walk and to the Casa Voyageurs for our train to Marrakesh. If we can do this by our own:

1. I think 1st taking a train from the airport to the Casa Voyageurs to leave our luggage to the storage (I hope there is one in the gare) and may be buy our tickets to Marrakesh for the same evening to be sure.

2. From Casa Voyageur, I think we should take a taxi o the Mosque, right? How much should we give him? And is it better to make him wait or to send him and take another taxi after we visit the mosque?

3. After we return to the center to walk and to eat etc, should we again take a taxi to reach to the Gare du Casa Voyageurs? Or is it already in the center and in walking distance?

And, we will be there a friday. But we are Muslims. I heard that Friday tourists can't go inside the Mosque but as we are Muslim, can we?

I had many questions in Morrocco forums these days, but you are really helping me a lot... So thanks from now...

Zeynep

Turkey
41. Re: Only half day in Casablanca

Helloooooo:) I am back home:) John, I can not thank you enough... Thanks to all the informations and advices you gave us, we did everything according your advices and everything worked perfectly... It was raining to our bad luck and we could not enjoy as much as we wanted but anyway... Yes THERE IS NOT a left luggage in the station. So we went to Ibis Moussafir, (we could never think of this if you did not tell us), asked them kindly, first they told because of safety concerns it is forbidden, but then we smiled, told them that we are from Turkey, we want to see the city etc, and they let us leave our luggage there, gave us an etiquette and did not ask any money for this from us... They were really nice... We went to the Mosque Hassan 2, could not get in bcs of the hour of the day, then took a taxi to the corniche, ate there, returned to the Place des Nations-Unies, walked around and returned... We did not like Casablanca at all, but we wanted to see it and now we have seen a little bit. Our day was well organised thanks to you John:) Thank you again for everything:) If you ever want to visit Turkey, ask me anything;))

42. Re: Only half day in Casablanca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:22 pm, October 28, 2013
Surabaya, Indonesia
reviews: 50
43. Re: Only half day in Casablanca

Hello Swanilda,

Thank you for the info. But they are really so nice to let u put there for free? are many others travellers doing the same thing as well?

Turkey
44. Re: Only half day in Casablanca

They let us do it for free. But in the beginning they told they can't take our luggages because of safety reasons. So the key is to be kind and ask with a big smile, telling that it will be a big favor for you etc...

We were ready to pay for this, but they did not ask. They were really really nice and kind. Try your chance:)

Casablanca
45. Re: Only half day in Casablanca

Swalinda;

Thank you for taking time to share this brief information about your trip, as we look really forward to read your full trip report, would make so many travellers excited to make their plans to Morocco based on your lovely experience in Morocco.

Again thank you for taking time to share some feedback.

46. Re: Only half day in Casablanca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 14, 2014