We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Only half day in Casablanca

Which Casablanca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Turkey
Level Contributor
220 posts
22 reviews
Only half day in Casablanca

Hi,

Me and a friend of mine, we will fly to MOrocco at the end of January. Our flight is to Casablanca, so we will land there. But we won't spend the night there, we will take a train to Marrakesh to sleep there and start the next day directly in Marrakesh. We will land in Casa at 12.55. We plan to take a train to Marrakesh at 18.50. And in between w want to see the famous Mosque Hassan II and a little walk around the city may be (probably the one mapped in Lonely Planet guide to see the art deco buildings starting form Catedrale du Sacré Coeur and finishing at Place Novembre). After that, we should go to the Casa Voyageurs I guess, to take the train.

So do you think we should arrange a guide for this half day, or is it easy to do this by our own? We are 2 females, both experienced travellers, speaking french and english. I was thinking may be we can take a taxi to the Mosque, than to the center to make the walk and to the Casa Voyageurs for our train to Marrakesh. If we can do this by our own:

1. I think 1st taking a train from the airport to the Casa Voyageurs to leave our luggage to the storage (I hope there is one in the gare) and may be buy our tickets to Marrakesh for the same evening to be sure.

2. From Casa Voyageur, I think we should take a taxi o the Mosque, right? How much should we give him? And is it better to make him wait or to send him and take another taxi after we visit the mosque?

3. After we return to the center to walk and to eat etc, should we again take a taxi to reach to the Gare du Casa Voyageurs? Or is it already in the center and in walking distance?

And, we will be there a friday. But we are Muslims. I heard that Friday tourists can't go inside the Mosque but as we are Muslim, can we?

I had many questions in Morrocco forums these days, but you are really helping me a lot... So thanks from now...

Zeynep

1. Re: Only half day in Casablanca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:08 am, October 03, 2013
Turkey
Level Contributor
220 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: Only half day in Casablanca

Thank you so much. So we can take the tram from Casa Voyageurs to centre and a cab from there to the Mosque. Do you know any link where we can learn if we can visit the Mosque? The other question is that even if it is not allowed to enter inside, is it possible to see the Mosque at least from outside, or is it in an inner court or something like that, that we can see nothing if we can not enter?

Another very important question for us if there is a storage (I mean a paid luggage locker or any kind of deposit) for our luggage in Gare du Casa Voyageurs.

And final question is how lond does it take from Airport to Casa Voyageurs and also the tram from Casa Voyageurs to center? And if we take a cab from center to the Mosque, how long does this take? I am asking too much but I have to plan this day minute by minute because we'll have to catch the train at the evening....

3. Re: Only half day in Casablanca

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:08 am, October 03, 2013
Edited: 4:08 am, October 03, 2013
Turkey
Level Contributor
220 posts
22 reviews
4. Re: Only half day in Casablanca

Thank you very much for so good information. I was working on the map right now and saw that tha Gare Casa Port is much more closer to the center. Isn't it possible and a better idea to come directly to Casa Port from airport? But from the oncf web site, it seems it is not possible to take the train to Marrakesh from Casa Port, is it correct?

5. Re: Only half day in Casablanca

Removed on: 4:09 am, October 03, 2013
Turkey
Level Contributor
220 posts
22 reviews
6. Re: Only half day in Casablanca

Thanks John. You are great:) So we should take the tram and get off from the tram at Place des Nations Unies or Marché Centrale to catch a taxi to the MOsque. In which of these 2 location is it easier to find a taxi? (On map Place des Nations Unies looks closer to the Mosque but if it is easier to find a cab from Marche Centrale, we can get off there also)...

I hope this will be my final question:) Thanks:)

7. Re: Only half day in Casablanca

Removed on: 4:09 am, October 03, 2013
Surabaya, Indonesia
Level Contributor
21 posts
55 reviews
8. Re: Only half day in Casablanca

Hi all, i am doing a trip to Casablanca in summer as well. The luggage issue is really important for me. I really wish to confirm so that i could catch the 00.45 train to tangier from casa voyageur. So John W do you mind if u could provide the site u source about the luggage service and Swanilda is you really did manage to find one, i will appreciate greatly for your reply on that when you are done with the trip. Thank you all :)

9. Re: Only half day in Casablanca

Removed on: 5:09 pm, October 28, 2013
Surabaya, Indonesia
Level Contributor
21 posts
55 reviews
10. Re: Only half day in Casablanca

Thank u for your prompt reply John. How much would it be if i negotiate taxi to bring me to Hassan Mosque or the Medina in Casa from the Casa Voyageur station? would u have any idea? thanks