We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency

Which Agadir hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield, United...
reviews: 26
Currency

Hi, wondering if anyone can offer advice? We go to Agadir in just over two weeks and can't get currency, we need to pay for a taxi from the airport as we don't like coach transfers so can we pay in Euros if we get some? Also what should we expect to pay for a taxi from the airport? It's my first time in Morocco. Thank you in advance.

12 replies to this topic
marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 62
11. Re: Currency

OK. and I did read your posts properly. So Julie who has never visited before is the one you want advice from?

UK
reviews: 9
12. Re: Currency

I'm with the "don't buy your currency before you go" crowd, always seems to be a worse rate in the UK. 1,000 Dirhams about £90? Should be more like £75. A question for the Morocco regulars, is there much difference in the rates you get using an ATM or converting Sterling in Morocco? I have always found ATM rates to be much better in most places (I have a Santander Zero card so no fees) but strangely enough in Egypt the rates were the same. Not too important to me but might be of interest to those who will have to pay ATM fees of up to 3%. And why anyone should want to take euros to Morocco, unless they happen to have some lying around, is beyond me. Why get ripped off by UK exchange offices and then convert again?

Reply to: Currency
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted