We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Possible dissabled visitor

Which Agadir hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cardiff
reviews: 46
Possible dissabled visitor

I was just wondering if Agadir is suitable for someone being pushed in a wheelchair?

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
1. Re: Possible dissabled visitor

There will be some challenges obviously as anywhere else but Agadir is relatively flat coastal resort, Check out the many hotels for disability access (click on the Hotels tab on the green navigation bar above) but in general Moroccans are very accommodating and will help where they can.

England, United...
reviews: 39
2. Re: Possible dissabled visitor

I've recently returned from a visit to Agadir. Whilst I make no claims to being an expert on the place - far from - I was struck at the time by what a good destination it probably was for those in wheel chairs or had mobility problems.

I don't know about the hotels but would imagine they were reasonable well suited although you may have to search for facilities more suited to your needs.

The town does not have a lot to boast about, in my opinion, but it certainly has a long flat, wide promenade. There are also many cafes along the promenade where getting a wheelchair onto the front covered terrace areas would be no problem and I think it may not be too difficult to go into some. I also noticed that the Vallee de Oiseaux catered for prams/wheelchairs in as much as there were some (reasonable) slopes rather than steps.

I seem to recall (but not 100% sure) that there was ramp access on to part of the Tourist Train too.

If you can get to the main souk - Marche Municipal - I think you would be able to manage much of, if not all of that as many of routes through are reasonable. I walked around on a couple of days and one evening and it was never crowded.

If you can get suitable transport for your needs you will probably find that Tiznit is a good place to take a trip out to. Again, it seemed to be a very flat town with reasonable accessibility.

As I say, these were just my observations but I hope they help.

colchester
Destination Expert
for Agadir
reviews: 27
3. Re: Possible dissabled visitor

The town itself should be fine for you, you will just need to carefully research your hotel. Some are definitely not wheelchair friendly, while others are perfect.

Often, as in the uk, disability access is assessed by an able-bodied person. Sometimes, they may not realise all the implications.

Happy researching,

Jaycine x

Reading, United...
reviews: 14
4. Re: Possible dissabled visitor

I stayed at the Dunas and it did seem to have ramps in most places....I did see another family that had a member with mobility issues...they got by just fine...the Dunas has a gate at the back that leads to the promenade and the area is accessible by wheel-chairs...

hope this helps..

Agadir, Morocco
5. Re: Possible dissabled visitor

Dear Steve ,

If you don’t booked your accommodation in Agadir , the only hotel has an adapted room 100 % is Decameron TAFOUKT , there are also Tikida Dunas or you can use a room near the elevator and in the main building in most of the hotels ,

For your information there are also some companies offer Adapted transport if you need airport transfers or for private excursion,

For the hotel in front line beach you couldn’t find any problems as it’s a flat area and people are helpful if you need sth,

Hope that can help you to organize your trip

Reading, United...
reviews: 14
6. Re: Possible dissabled visitor

Thinking of it...I recall even Kenzi Europa had ramps at the entrance/the lobby, the restaurant and the pool area...there are elevators too....however it may still not be 100% disabled friendly....you can email them and enquire.

7. Re: Possible dissabled visitor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 26, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Agadir