We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sidi Ifni

Which Agadir hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
287 posts
21 reviews
Sidi Ifni

Hi, will be in Agadir for about 4 days at beginning of November. I'd like to spend a day in Sidi Ifni but am not sure of the distance/time of journey. Roughly how long would the journey be & what's the best way to get there? We'll have a teenager with us who prefers comfort to adventure so the quickest, easiest way of doing it would be less stressful for us ;)

Is it 'do-able' for a day trip ?

Thanks

Taroudannt...
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Sidi Ifni

I wouldn't suggest it as a day trip, but if you want to spend most of your time on a bus or in a cramped taxi it's up to you. IMO, you would be best to stay a night in Sidi Ifni, do some walking around the town and along the lovely beach. I usually stay at either the Suerte Loca or Bellevue hotels. See your guidebook for details.

How to get there in comfort? In Agadir go to the CTM bus station office and buy tickets for your journey there and back, and do it a day before you want to travel to ensure you can get seats.

As I live in Taroudant, I usually go from the Inezgane transport hub which is a suburb of Agadir. There I cram into a shared taxi which goes directly to Ifni, and I think the trip takes about 4 1/2 hours.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hammamet
Level Contributor
2,133 posts
35 reviews
2. Re: Sidi Ifni

Annie Bateman,

Very good advice from David Daoud. One day in Sidi Ifni won't be enough because most of it would be spent on roads. (5 going and 5 hours coming back). It is about 70 miles south of Agadir toward the edge of Southern Sahara.

CTM coaches from Agadir are most comfortable and cheaper option to go. But you have to book your ticket a day befrore.

One warning: The sea current in Sidi Ifni beach can be dangreous. Becareful when out swimming.

Cheers

Cas

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
210 posts
128 reviews
3. Re: Sidi Ifni

If you hire a car it is about a two and a half hour drive. Parking is easy there on the streets or paid for on the old airfield. You would definitely be better staying at least one night which would give you a chance to explore this lovely art-deco town. Lezgira beach is worth a look at and Tiznit on the return journey is very pleasant.

Edited: 11:41 am, October 18, 2013
Level Contributor
287 posts
21 reviews
4. Re: Sidi Ifni

Thank you everyone :)

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
6,392 posts
41 reviews
5. Re: Sidi Ifni

Some pics: morocco-knowledgebase.net/forum/…

I would really advise against a day trip, you will be rushed and not have chance to look around. Sidi Ifni has a magical charm, earlier this year I had planned to stop a couple of nights there and ended up staying eleven.

One of the popular things to do (check tides first) is to get a grand taxi from Sidi Ifni to the sea arches at Legzira, have lunch there, then walk the 10km along the beach back to Sidi Ifni.

Berkshire
Level Contributor
311 posts
70 reviews
6. Re: Sidi Ifni

Hi - am off on a short "taster trip" to Agadir with my Lady Wife and would like to do this trip down to the sea-arches but not really sure of the best way to do it. Thanks TC for your travelogue, that clinched it for us. :)

Against best advice, would like to do this as a day-trip as we are not challenged with the thought of starting at dawn and returning at dusk.

Would like a balance between cost and convenience but guess that if we run dawn to dusk a hire car or sole-use grand taxi would be best as both would allow us to stop when we felt like it??

Current thoughts and costs would be very much appreciated please?

Thanks everyone.

7. Re: Sidi Ifni

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, February 02, 2015