We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Decameron Tafoukt or ClubHotel Riu Tikida Dunas

Which Agadir hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 8
Royal Decameron Tafoukt or ClubHotel Riu Tikida Dunas

Hi folks I need your help and advice. Which hotel would you recommend out of the 2 please. There is £400 difference in the price being the Riu is more expensive. After reading the reviews I am now so undecided. Any help would be appreciated.

13 replies to this topic
UK
1. Re: Royal Decameron Tafoukt or ClubHotel Riu Tikida Dunas

I guess with no replies that there not be much difference between the hotels. I have read the reviews but sometimes its hard to decide. I note the Decameron overbooks and sends customers to other hotels. So I guess this is a big negative

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 12
2. Re: Royal Decameron Tafoukt or ClubHotel Riu Tikida Dunas

My only offering is that the Tafoukt was completely refurbihed several years ago after the previous hotel fell into severe decline. It is very modern and stylish inside and rooms are of very good standard although websites will only show you the more luxurious rooms.

The Dunas is an older, more established hotel with pretty standard features for its age. Tikida now have a newly built hotel on the same strip called Tikida Palace if you want to check this out.

Details for Riu and Decameron can be seen on the following links.

riu.com/en/…index.jsp

decameron.co/promosite/index.php/en/hoteles-…

I'm not really sure what you are loking for in a hotel, is it money saving, facilities, beach location or other?

If you want a guarantee of a room then go for the much larger hotel a short distance away, Royal Atlas. Thisa also gets rave reviews and is also newly built.

All three are on the beach front and my choice would be for the Decameron but the choice is entirely yours.

Read the articles on the hotels above and see what you think.

UK
3. Re: Royal Decameron Tafoukt or ClubHotel Riu Tikida Dunas

Thank you John. My worry with the Decameron at the minute it seems that reading reviews people are getting moved due to overbooking which does worry me a little. Hence it wil be hard to relax if you are being moved from pillar to post

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 12
4. Re: Royal Decameron Tafoukt or ClubHotel Riu Tikida Dunas

That is understandable although this has happened with a few other hotels but doesn't get reported here as often now.

Have you considered the Royal Atlas? This is still in the heart of town and has direct access to the beach via the prom. The RA is also highly recommended by many of its visitors.

Just out of curiosity, when do you intend to go?

UK
5. Re: Royal Decameron Tafoukt or ClubHotel Riu Tikida Dunas

Hi John

We are going for Xmas for 2 weeks. I am looking at the Atlas. Its a shame I have flight already booked from Heathrow as Thomsons have the Palace at a great price with flight but I cant cancel my flight as I loose my money, or else I would have booked the Thomson offer.

berko
reviews: 1
6. Re: Royal Decameron Tafoukt or ClubHotel Riu Tikida Dunas

I have just returned last night from the Decameron, did not get put in the Royal Atlas, but thought if I did, I would not have minded as it was much more expensive than the Decameron. I will be writing a review in next few days but when we arrived they put us in room 728 which was out the back of the hotel and up on the 2nd floor but it was fine, but the receptionist said we would have to come back to following day to change rooms not sure why, we then had a room inbetween the swimming pool and the dining room which was even better, on the ground floor. Any questions you can private message me or I will try and look and reply

UK
7. Re: Royal Decameron Tafoukt or ClubHotel Riu Tikida Dunas

We opted in the end for the Riu Tikida Palace . we booked it on the Riu website and got 5% back with quidco. It did work out around £700 more but gess it will be worth it in the end. thank you all for your feedback

yorkshire-uk
reviews: 39
8. Re: Royal Decameron Tafoukt or ClubHotel Riu Tikida Dunas

Very good choice.. We go home tomorrow after two weeks. It's a beautiful hotel and food is excellent . Hope you enjoy it as much..

UK
9. Re: Royal Decameron Tafoukt or ClubHotel Riu Tikida Dunas

Thank you for your reply Sue. We ended up book the Palace and paid an extra £1000 ( I know its a lot) with it being my birthday hubby thought it would be worth it although I was happy booking the Dunas.

Edited: 8:28 am, October 19, 2013
n.wales
reviews: 40
10. Re: Royal Decameron Tafoukt or ClubHotel Riu Tikida Dunas

Hi,

We have just had two weeks at the Palace and could not fault it. Read my review No Complaints. Well worth the extra money. You will have a lovely time.

Enjoy

Christine

Reply to: Royal Decameron Tafoukt or ClubHotel Riu Tikida Dunas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted