We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cant decide between sofitel and Beach Albatros any advice

Which Agadir hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 5
cant decide between sofitel and Beach Albatros any advice

I am heading to Agadir beginning of September with my partner its his birthday so I am taking him away. I have come down to two hotels, Sofitel and Beach Albatros does anyone have any first hand experience of either of the hotels?

Sofitel is 200 pounds more than Albatros which doesn't bother me really, but Sofitel is 10 min drive from the main area and it says Albatros is in the main area. Plus Albatros has a double room which appeals to me more than just one single room. But I do like the fact that Sofitel is 5 star which means service rooms etc would probably be more up to scratch! can anyone give me any advice on the subject.

Thanks so much

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 12
21. Re: cant decide between sofitel and Beach Albatros any advice

For information - The Palace is the newest of the RIU hotels in Agadir and as such will have far better facilities and service than other RIU's. Tikida Beach and Dunas are shown as 4 star rated on the RIU website but are quite old hotels, Palace is for some reason not star rated by RIU which I find unusual, nor is it rated here on TA that I can see although there is a Tikida Golf Palace shown (not sure which or where that is).

The hotels section shows seven 5 star hotels in total in Agadir but I doubt that two at least are eligible for that rating.

I think you are looking in the wrong place for hotel rates. If you check rates on the RIU website then you are paying top rates. There are hundreds of hotel booking websites on the internet where room rates will vary hugely. This is the way to go for booking rooms. If the site does not offer beach views then check elsewhere.

BTW - the Beach Albatross does have beach views from rooms at the rear. As it is further along Avenue Mohammed V, there are no obstacles within several hundred metres in all directions to obscure views and the rear has instant access to the beach via the narrow part of Boulevard du 20 Aout.

Edited: 6:20 am, July 23, 2013
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hammamet
reviews: 33
22. Re: cant decide between sofitel and Beach Albatros any advice

Why bother paying a premium for sea view rooms when indeed all the tree RIU Hotels are right on the beach. The rooms are for sleeping. Once you leave the room, you can relax by the lush gardens or by the pools of these hotels with your own view of the sea immeditaly in front of you.

You should also remember that Dunas, Beach and Palace RUI hotels have each their own private, cordoned- off and secure manned section on the beach with free sunloungers, cushions and parasols where you can laydown under the sun right on the shore of the Atlantic ocean.You can even have you drinks delivered to you from the hotel to the beach for free!!!

£1200 for 5nights with sea view sounds a bit execcessive!

Cheers

Cas

23. Re: cant decide between sofitel and Beach Albatros any advice

Thanks for your replies!

Beach albatross is no longer an option for me,

I have booked the palace riu hotel double room with pool view! I really couldn't decide between that and the Sofitel hotel but made my choice based on location which I hear palace is in a more convinent location. And probably will save some money doing it all inclusive. cannot wait to experience Agadir, now hopefully I get sunshine. Fingers crossed.

reviews: 6
24. Re: cant decide between sofitel and Beach Albatros any advice

Congrats on your selection, Alana! I'm sure you will have a splendid time. I'm still planning on booking Riu Tikida Beach with sea-view. £790 for 5 nights. Believe I have done enough research on the properties and the amenities for Beach is more than adequate for my tastes, rooms don't look too tired, and the location (10 minute walk to city center) is fine.

We missed out on a sea view on our last holiday as they were all booked. Sea view rooms for Beach aren't much more expensive than regular rooms. Even though all Riu hotels are beachfront, I'll gladly pay slightly more for that extra luxury (sea view).

Now it's time to learn a bit of French!! Lol

25. Re: cant decide between sofitel and Beach Albatros any advice

Is it a French hotel?

I looked for the sea view in the palace riu but there was no option for standard rooms and seaview I would have had to upgrade to the superior rooms costing 1200 pounds. The beach one was an option but I liked the sound of the newer hotel.

Sounds like you got a great deal there! Hope you have a ball

Dartford, United...
reviews: 2
26. Re: cant decide between sofitel and Beach Albatros any advice

I have actually booked albatros for November, but to be honest the albatros reviews seemed ok, we don't go to bed until after midnight anyway so the noise doesn't really bother us as long as we have enough alcohol in us :-/.. and also if they are calling prayer at 5 am can't all hotels hear that?? I hope I've made the right choice for us and at a total of under £400 each it was well within budget for a cheap winter break...

27. Re: cant decide between sofitel and Beach Albatros any advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 06, 2014