We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tagadirt hotel - beach

Which Agadir hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 5
Tagadirt hotel - beach

We are staying at the Tagadirt Hotel in August and was wondering can we pay to use the sun loungers at any of the roped off hotels? I suspect the hotel pool will be busy so think it will be better to head for the nearby beach.

13 replies to this topic
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hammamet
reviews: 28
1. Re: Tagadirt hotel - beach

Steve

I can't recall seeing a private roped-off section of beach belonging to Tagadirt Hotel. But although I stayed at Tagadirt, I used some private parts of the beach belonging to otherr hotels at 25 Dirhams for a sunlounger. However, that was in early December 2012. I am sure that it would cost more in August, assuming you are lucky to find one that would accommodate you as non-guest.

The main swimming pool at Tagadirt is rather small, and it will be busy during August, given the fact that the hotel is very popular for its value and location. Sun loungers would be at primiums. My tip to you is to opt for a ground floor room. As soon as you open the door you would be just few feets away form the swimming pool, (Not recommended for sleep-walkers!!!) and very likely to find a sun lounger almost on your door step.

Good luck

Cas

London
2. Re: Tagadirt hotel - beach

Yes Cas I don't think the Tagadirt has a private area on the beach :-(. I was just wondering if hotels open to non-residents. I guess I will have to see when we go, hopefully a security guard/sun bed attendant will appreciate a tip lol.

Thanks for the tip on the hotel room, I will ask on check in as we arrive just after lunchtime so hopefully we will have the pick of some rooms. I have read the ones by the road/English pub are to be avoided.

Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
3. Re: Tagadirt hotel - beach

If the sunloungers are empty you can pay to use them. However as you are going in high season this may not be possible.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 12
4. Re: Tagadirt hotel - beach

I read an article not long ago that there were loungers available on a part of the beach (opposite the restaurant area) which were specifically for non-patrons of hotels.

I can't trace this article now but the rates were reasonable but still during peak season even these may be fully occupied.

All the same, I would'nt fancy parking myself on the beach whilst it was over crowded or the loungers to close together.

Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
5. Re: Tagadirt hotel - beach

I think you're right John

Swansea
reviews: 11
6. Re: Tagadirt hotel - beach

Hi Steve ,3 or 4 of the restaurant's at the top end of the promenade have sunbed's for their customers they used to be free but now there is a small charge,we have used these a lot they will bring you drinks and you can use their toilets.The Caribbean village do a day pass 5 pools and Al . Good if you have children with you.

London
7. Re: Tagadirt hotel - beach

Excellent thanks Swanjack.

Food and drink near the loungers would be good, we don't mind paying to use them. If it's too busy we will buy a windbreaker etc and just lie on the beach at one end.

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 128
8. Re: Tagadirt hotel - beach

Steve, if you go down the steps to the right when you come out of your hotel and turn right at the bottom when you're on Boulevard du 20. Walk about 150 yards up that street (past The English Pub on your right and Atlas Hotel on your left) until you come to the main entrance to the beach on your left called Place Al Wahda. Walk down to the beach there and as you hit the sand just in front of McDonalds, Pizza Hut and a number of other restaurants/bars there are sun loungers open to the public and it's privately roped off. It's only a 10 minute stroll from your hotel. Hope that helps?

London
9. Re: Tagadirt hotel - beach

Thanks professor, that really does help.

I'm off mid August so I will post back what it costs to rent etc.

st helens
reviews: 6
10. Re: Tagadirt hotel - beach

hi yes go down to the beach,,near macdonalds thers a restaurant le vendome,,beds opposite belong to an english lady but aziz runs it and hes fab,,,drinks can be brought to the beds,,waiter serviced or your belongings are well safe if you pop up to the bar restaurant. ask for aziz and say hello from karim and debbie and chance. beds are 20 dirham,,approx 1.50.

Reply to: Tagadirt hotel - beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted