We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

money

Which Agadir hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
kent
reviews: 2
money

hi what is the best way to spend money in morocco what currency is the best to use and can you tip with £1 like in egypt cheers mat

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 60
1. Re: money

Hi,

Look at the top questions box on the right of the page and all your money questions will be answered. Please don't tip using anything but Dirhams. It's illegal for bureaux to change them except at the airport so staff have to pester other tourists or residents to get Dirhams in exchange.

2. Re: money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:22 pm, October 28, 2013
Taroudannt...
3. Re: money

These basic questions are asked repeatedly.

I think it may be time for TA technical staff to do something to make Top Questions more noticeable. Give it a flashing light or fluorescent colour so newbies will see it!

Preston, United...
reviews: 5
4. Re: money

people who ask basic questions are asking because they have not been there im off to Agadir Wednesday and found advise on this site very helpful a stupid question is not so if don't know the answer

Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
5. Re: money

David - if the person is accessing the forum from a mobile device (such as a smartphone) they can't see the top questions.

Preston, United...
reviews: 5
6. Re: money

thank you

Taroudannt...
7. Re: money

I was not being critical of anyone for asking a question but, on the contrary, suggesting an improvement to this website.

kent
8. Re: money

David I use this site to help me with my holiday so I shall ask any questions I like cheers mat ps I've used trip advisor for years

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 33
9. Re: money

Happy that you've been using TA for four years. Yes please ask any question you like, and as with this thread you will find people will answer you and point you in the right direction.

You might also want to have a peruse of the section under 'top questions' where contributors have put together tips and answers to commonly-asked questions about food, hotels, weather, clothing, taxis, etc.

The search facility is also quite powerful and very useful. You can order results by date so the most recent threads come first in the results list.

London, United...
reviews: 43
10. Re: money

yes its a real pain for people to have to work how to get any value from euro, £ or any other currency coins - note including euro coins - don't take the idea that be thankful for small mercies as they are no favours at all.

good to carry a few dirhams, 5 and 10 dirham coins handy in your pocket...you don't have to tip and you don't have to donate to everyone that puts their hands out either but you will find that you do come across encounters that you do want to help. and theres a lot of people not getting paid much in whatever work they are doing - I worry too that it could breed a mentality or maintain the one that's already in progress that foreigners and tourists come from countries where money grows on trees and we give it out as theres so much where it comes from but there are many who are aware that its not the case and that its due to the kind or appreciative stance of the giverand we give/tip just as wealthier Moroccans do too.