We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying argan oil in Agadir?

Which Agadir hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
25 posts
9 reviews
Buying argan oil in Agadir?

Ok, this is a v old subject but i still wondered where exactly can i but this oil in around Agadir without paying a tourist price?

I have done search on Agadir Forum someone mentioned she bought her oil from Agadir Argan Oil, i dont know if this is a brand name, a company or a store? I googled it, nothing came out in Agadir. She said this supplier do hotel deliver in Agadir as well which sounded apeal to me too. Anyone has ideas?

Thanks!

27 replies to this topic
London
Level Contributor
25 posts
9 reviews
11. Re: Buying argan oil in Agadir?

Hi John, thanks! I thought there should be a cosmetic oil brand/company in town that selling quality oils. As i said someone mentioned on TA she even got the delivery to the hotel and the packaging was 1L(cosmetic oil). It seems i d better try the Marjane supermarket in Agadir!

12. Re: Buying argan oil in Agadir?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 pm, May 01, 2013

London
Level Contributor
25 posts
9 reviews
13. Re: Buying argan oil in Agadir?

Just returned to UK from Agadir last weekend.

Re Argan oil, John was right, Marjane is probably the best place to buy them, esp. the food argan oils, Marjane got loads high quality ones at reasonable prices. Sadly, for cosmetic oil, Marjane has sold out all - also these oils are only come in 50ml small packaging.

I bought my cosmetic argan oils from 2 places: a women's co-op north of Argadir (120ml for 120DNR), and at my hotel's shop (120ml for 125DNR). However, I later found out the oils I got from my hotel are in far better quality than the ones I got from women's co-op. Maybe I just was not that lucky...

14. Re: Buying argan oil in Agadir?

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:22 pm, October 28, 2013

15. Re: Buying argan oil in Agadir?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 pm, May 20, 2013

liverpool
Level Contributor
78 posts
31 reviews
16. Re: Buying argan oil in Agadir?

we bought argan hair oil from the souk from the women making it in front of there husbands and it is really good quality we paid 50 dhm for 120ml hope this helps x

London, England...
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
17. Re: Buying argan oil in Agadir?

To test if real. The real Argan oil is sold in Glass bottles, usually dark colored. Should have a light nutty smell. Not too strong or over powering. Apply a few drops to the hand, it should not be slimy or sticky. it should feel light almost like water, smooth and silky consistency, and when applying a few drops should absorb into the skin and not just sit on the top.

You can buy the argan from the stores in Morocco. In fact you can use the cooking Argan, the only difference is the cooking Argan is said to be worked more, to remove more of the oil, and the kernels are roasted before they are crushed. Thats the only difference... They say because it is heated up when roasted then it looses its affects. That is not true, Just live olive oil you can heat it up and it still is the same. When it cools it returns to its normal state. So I would personally go for 100% Organic Cooking Argan oil. Much cheaper you get more for your money. the only difference i see, is slightly darker colour by one shade and also a more rich nutty scent.

Because it is for cooking, and the kernels have been roasted it means you can consume it, consuming Argan oil is very good for you, good for the liver, gall bladder, stomach, the heart, blood vessels... and a whole list. So it works out to be better as you can use outside and in :) Hope this helps.

London, England...
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
18. Re: Buying argan oil in Agadir?

What is the location of the woman's Co=operative. I heard so many people go visit. I never been I will deffo go next year.

Helsinki
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
19. Re: Buying argan oil in Agadir?

There is a good selection of cooking Argan oil at the the Marjanne supermarket. Prices are about 100-115 dhms/ 250ml and around 200dhms/500ml. There are few organic brands(marked as bio) as well as smaller bottle sizes, they are slightly more expensive. Cosmetic oils also available at Marjanne but they tend to come in much smaller bottles.

Helsinki
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
20. Re: Buying argan oil in Agadir?

There is a good selection of cooking Argan oil at the Marjanne supermarket at Agadir. 100-115 dhms/250ml and around 200 dhms/500 ml. Smaller bottles and few organic brands(marked as bio) also available, they tend to be slightly more expensive. Cosmetic oils also on the shelves, but in much smaller bottles.

Edited: 3:40 am, January 07, 2014
Reply to: Buying argan oil in Agadir?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted