We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going out for a drink in Morocco - help please?

Which Agadir hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 8
Going out for a drink in Morocco - help please?

Hi,

We are thinking of going to Agadir later on this year, but basically want somewhere where (like the rest of Europe) you can just go out of the hotel, and have a sight around a few bars etc.

We have been to Tunisia, but there was hardly anywhere you could get a drink outside of the hotel - no beer (apart from alcohol free) and no wine.

Is Morocco the same, or do they have bars and clubs that are just good fun and you can get a reasonably priced drink?

Thanks for your help

Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
1. Re: Going out for a drink in Morocco - help please?

There are plenty of options in Agadir

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 36
2. Re: Going out for a drink in Morocco - help please?

Prefering to take in the local ambiance (and being a cheapskate) I tend towards the local Moroccan bar in the car park behind Hotel Kamal, where the prices are low and they do a good range of food. But if you would prefer something more upmarket a large percentage of the hotels in Agadir also have bars, so no fears of having to do without. There's even an English Pub in Agadir showing UK footie.

I really like Moroccan wine, see my 'beer and wine page' at morocco-knowledgebase.net/forum/…

Edited: 3:30 pm, March 31, 2013
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 12
3. Re: Going out for a drink in Morocco - help please?

Sounds like you went to Skanes in Tunisia? I remember it well, dry as a bone, nothing at all outside of the hotels apart from the nearby gas station with cafe within or Sahline.

Anyway, thankfully Morocco (and in particular Agadir) is nothing like Tunisia and has so much more to offer in my opinion.

4. Re: Going out for a drink in Morocco - help please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 6:57 pm, October 28, 2013
UK
5. Re: Going out for a drink in Morocco - help please?

Thank you all so much for your replies - that's put me at ease now! @john9195, we went to a hotel a few KM away from Port El Kantaui, and there was nowhere around where you could just go for a walk and stop for a cold beer or a glass - in the Port all I got was a non alcoholic lager - Maybe we missed all the places!! - the Tunisians were lovely people though, and I think we would definitely go back one day

Casablanca, Morocco
6. Re: Going out for a drink in Morocco - help please?

while you are walking in Promenade you will see plenty of bars and restaurants offering wine...etc

in Morocco in general , especially agadir , 0 problems about going out getting a drink .

enjoy

Bradford, United...
reviews: 1
7. Re: Going out for a drink in Morocco - help please?

Drinks are available in most restaurants, bars and hotels.

The prices of alcohol may be expensive in most bars but there are large supermarkets were alcohol is sold and you can buy from there.

Have a good time..

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hammamet
reviews: 33
8. Re: Going out for a drink in Morocco - help please?

Agadir is not like the rest of Europe. Yes alcohol is available, but there are no British stylepubs as such. The nearest best place is the English Pub in boulevrad 20 Aout. Otherwise, the cafes and restaurants along the promenade would be another place to go for drinks.

All hotels have theirown bars. Some would allow outside guest to come in for drink. Notably Windsor pub in Agana hotel and also the bar in Tagadirt Hotel. Nearby there is a place called the Irish Pub. But there is nothing Irish about it. Don not expect guiness to be served. Just some local beers and wines.

Alcohol in also widely available in nightclubs. But the prices are dearer, and also these nightclubs tend to be frequented by young local guys and some "working girls". You need to be aware of some sleazy character.

Some of nightclubs I can mention are Actors, Dreams, Xnadu and Le Cap. But there are few other around town.

Cheers

Cas

UK
9. Re: Going out for a drink in Morocco - help please?

I really dont want to go to another country and go to an English pub - I could stay at home and do that!!

We have now booked the Riu Tikida Dunas for September, and now cant wait!!

colchester
Destination Expert
for Agadir
reviews: 29
10. Re: Going out for a drink in Morocco - help please?

Oh I remember Skanes well.

Highlight of my last visit was sitting in the 'cocktail' diner, with a juice cocktail watching some Brits trying to get drunk on the beer - having already been told by the rep that the Diner doesn't serve alcohol.

I would equate the variety of restaurants along themain tourist part of Agadir with the area around the fountains in PEK.

I'm sure you'll love your holiday.