We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

marriage confusion

Which Agadir hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, United...
marriage confusion

hello

I have finally mustered the courage to go to Agadir and get married to my fiance. I understand from reading forums that documents used have a 3 month expiry? Is this for all or just for things like bank statements. Things like birth certificates and proof of islam shouldn't expire should they?

1. Re: marriage confusion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:56 pm, July 20, 2013
london
2. Re: marriage confusion

It is just bank statements and letter from ur employee and pay slips x

Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
3. Re: marriage confusion

You will have to get your birth certificate and proof of islam translated. The translations need to be dated within 3 months of submitting your file.

Casablanca, Morocco
4. Re: marriage confusion

you dont need to convert to islam to marry with a moroccan man

i wish you the happyness , follow your heart and dont listen to people , be happy .

regards .

5. Re: marriage confusion

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 6:57 pm, October 28, 2013
Edited: 6:57 pm, October 28, 2013
Birmingham, United...
6. Re: marriage confusion

Sorry if I sound a bit stupid but:

Is it my documents in English that have to be dated in the last 3 months e.g police report

Or the translations of my documents into arabic?

It is ok getting all the documents in English under a 3 month expiry but what if they expire there due to the length of time the authorities take.

Skode Baltimoresst
7. Re: marriage confusion

i wish you a very good luck

Chesterfield...
reviews: 22
8. Re: marriage confusion

Your UK documents need to be dated within 3 months of you getting married. I got all my documents together in November and got married in Agadir in January. All my documents were translated into Arabic once I arrived in Agadir.

I had no problem getting my UK documents together with plenty of time to spare and whilst it is known for the moroccan authorities to take a bit longer, I was married within 13 days of arriving in Agadir (and we had a 3 day Eid inbetween!)

If you get your timing right and plan ahead you shouldn't have any problems, just don't get all your official UK documents together now and leave it until July or you'll have to start all over again!

Edited: 4:36 am, April 10, 2013
9. Re: marriage confusion

Removed on: 3:41 am, September 09, 2013
10. Re: marriage confusion

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, September 11, 2014