We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Palace Tikida, Agadir - Any questions?

Which Agadir hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Yorkshire
reviews: 62
Riu Palace Tikida, Agadir - Any questions?

Please, if anyone has any hesitations about staying this hotel, don't hesitate to ask.

I cannot imagine anyone being disapointed.

Interestingly, the "Awful" review that was posted yesterday, has now disappeared?!

I appreciate that everyone is entitled to their own opinion & that everyone has their own standards.

To reiterate, this is a beautiful hotel & will not disapoint.

108 replies to this topic
swindon
reviews: 1
1. Re: Riu Palace Tikida, Agadir - Any questions?

Did you get the bus transfer or a private transfer ? Were thinking of private transfer as hate the hanging around at the airport and doing the drop offs do you think it's worth it. The reviews are fantastic so can't wait. What is the flight time to morocco from the uk.

I was shocked to see the bad review, but like you not surprised to see it removed.

Yorkshire
2. Re: Riu Palace Tikida, Agadir - Any questions?

henrybear,

I would seriously consider a taxi transfer on our next visit - and we WILL visit again.

See my review- the coach was full & only drop off was Riu Palace! I did my homework though & left my OH to get bags while I was first at reception to check in!! Just hate the queues.

If you've not visited the area before, don't be alarmed at the areas you go through to reach the hotel - less than 30 mins transfer - an eye opener to say the least!

Flight from Manchester was just under 4 hours.

Well jell of anybody yet to go!!

Message me if I can be of further help

Tre, South Yorkshire

sheffield
reviews: 19
3. Re: Riu Palace Tikida, Agadir - Any questions?

Hi, firstly thank you offering your time to answer questions about the Rui palace... My self, my daughter (23) and my friend have just booked for a week departing 25th April... Just a couple of points I have picked up on reading the reviews.... Is the sunbed situation as bad as some people say with no where near enough umberellas to go round, only my daughter and I are both red heads and need shade, do you have to go along with the flow and tip the pool attendants or do you just have to get up really early. It is a pet hate of mine when you have to arrange your holiday around sunbeds, but needs must I guess.

I also wondered which might be the best rooms to request, if possible, I have read the suggestions in reviews, but TBH I have got very confused ( doesn't take much) as to which side of the hotel poeple mean with regards to sunshine and the better views.

We are all so looking forward to this holiday it looks amazing and I guess we will all come back a good few pounds heavier than we went!!!

Thanking you

Sue

Yorkshire
4. Re: Riu Palace Tikida, Agadir - Any questions?

Sue,

You will have a wonderful holiday.

Sunny balconies: I emailed the hotel & asked if they could possibly allocate us a "sunny balcony" but we had also paid the pool view supplement. In my experience the rooms facing the pool on the right of the hotel as it faces the beach, got the best of the sun, but to fair as it was early in the season we tended to stay poolside (or bar side!) very much until the sun went down.

If you have a pool view & at reception they direct you to your room by turning "right" then you can smile!!

We had room 2024, the higher floor would have given us a better view.

To note: reception is on floor 3.

Sunbeds: Again we were there early season. We were able to easily get a bed & umbrella every day. Quite amusing to see guests running down before 8am & "bagging" their beds! On one occasion i asked for an umbrella & they found me one.

We did see pool attendants laying towels for guests but we certainly didn't use this "tipping" service.

Stop stressing enjoy!!

Tre

Ps, not mentioned before, but there is an ice making machine on each floor, lovely to top up your drinks en route back to the room?

sheffield
5. Re: Riu Palace Tikida, Agadir - Any questions?

Thank you for your lovely and speedy reply... It all sounds great especially the ice machine, now that is an idea I like. My daughter and my friend have both had bad starts to the year, so I just want everyone to have a great time and I am sure we will... Who knows if its that good I might even take my husband next year!! hee hee.. once again thanks and we are all now officially on count down to get away from this awful weather!!

Yorkshire
6. Re: Riu Palace Tikida, Agadir - Any questions?

Sue, can't believe this time last week, they had opened the outside bar & we were sat on the terrace with pre dinner drinks!!! Didn't even need any of the jackets/cardigans I had taken!

No one's serving me little dishes of pistachios & olives tonight!!!!! Fleece, socks & hot toddy in Rotherham!!

Are you in one room? If so you'll love the privacy of the bathroom where the toilet can be shut off from the main bathroom area.

Would say- well gel, but we have our Skiathos "dream" holiday already booke for early July!

sheffield
7. Re: Riu Palace Tikida, Agadir - Any questions?

Ahh... a women after my own heart... Greece now you're talking my favourite place.... have a great holiday I am off to Corfu ( a quiet bit of it..) 6 weeks after I get back from Agadir, with another friend..( I have a very understanding husband!!). Anyway back to Agadir, yes we are all in one room, they look big enough for us to have a bit of privacy. Am really excited now will be nice to wake up look out of the window and not see snow!!!

The idea of having drinks and nibbles fed to me sounds very appealing will have to get hubby trained up when I get home..hee hee.

Kind regards,

Sue

Yorkshire
8. Re: Riu Palace Tikida, Agadir - Any questions?

Sue,

Here's wishing you all a fabulous holiday. I'm sure you will relax & enjoy as much as we did.

I've posted this before but just in case, this is the email address I used for the hotel:

reception.palacetikidaagadir@riu.com

Cheers me dears! Enjoy!

Have to wait 3 months for Skiathos but counting down the days!

Tre

Sheffield, United...
9. Re: Riu Palace Tikida, Agadir - Any questions?

Do men have to wear long trousers in the dining room at night or is dress shorts ok

Yorkshire
10. Re: Riu Palace Tikida, Agadir - Any questions?

Kathrynb47

Have replied to this on your thread, but will repeat, strictly long trousers for men in all restaurants.

And yes, it does annoy me, when dress shorts are not allowed yet guys are allowed entry wearing track suit bottoms!!!!

Reply to: Riu Palace Tikida, Agadir - Any questions?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted