We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 week trip report

Which Agadir hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, United...
2 week trip report

Arrived back from morocco last week so i thought i would do a trip report to help others prepare!

British airways flight from london heathrow to agadir: great service nice smooth flight with on board complimentary snacks arrived half an hour early

Taxi from airport to my hotel cost 160 dirham including luggage the taxi is a fixed rate so always haggle them down

Al moggar garden beach hotel: fantastic hotel great location just by the beach and a very good atmosphere in the lobby busy hotel with all different kinds of people staying here. The rooms are basic but good value for money and the breakfast is good, friendly staff who will help you with any problems and the maids do a good job cleaning your room couldn't ask for more! I would recommend this hotel for people who ain't fussy and value the price paid.

Day 1 agadir: got up nice and early beautiful weather not too hot just warm enough for sunbathing had a quick breakfast then went for a hammam (moroccan bath) the hammam i went to is called argan hammam massage which was really good and i paid 200 dirham for 2 hours you have to haggle them down its the norm here! Evening time i went to eat along with my mates 5 of us to le nil blue just by the beach good food and good entertainment price wise abit expensive but we didnt mind paying a little bit extra.

Day 2: we got a grand taxi and visited the kasbah (the mountain u can see from the beach) this is well worth visiting when you get to the top there are camels there you can sit on and you can explore the area that was destroyed by the earthquake i spent 2 hours here taking in the fantastic views of the city. In the night we went to daffys restaurant good food freshly cooked and the service was great its well worth a visit! The cheap restaurants are in the city centre or talbort you have a choice over what food you would like

Day 3,4,5: we decided to use these three days to do some shopping so we went to souk el had which is a 40 dirham taxi ride from the beach this market is great but beware you will get hassled a lot here just smile and say shukran which means no thank you and they will leave you alone beware of guides as they will ask you for money at the end. You will find absolutely everything here from clothes to souvenirs but remember to haggle and pay what you think is a fair price! One trick which worked with me was you give them a price and walk off 9 times out of 10 they will call you back!

Day 6: left for marrakech on the supratour coach tickets are 100 dirham for a single ticket Fantastic scenery on the way good safe coach stops half way for 20 mins arrived in marrakech in the evening and what a culture shock! It was very busy heaving with people and quite hot i stayed in djema el fana hotel cecil great location soon as you come out your in jemaa el fana square very good breakfast and a very cheap hotel would definately recommend.

Day 7: woke up after a good nights sleep my room was by the alley way so was woken up by the morning call to prayer which is magical (you will know what i mean when you visit marrakech) i ventured out on my own to explore the area and it truly is a magical city i visited the marrakech museum which has got alot of history and i went to the souks for abit of shopping. The people here are more faster sharper and smarter so remember keep your belongings safe. You will get hassled quite a lot here but its safe and there are a lot of undercover police in and around the square. At night time i ate from stall 81 very good food and the guy is very funny and welcoming just go to stall 81 you wont be disappointed! Also watch out for beggars as they will follow you everywhere you go but they are harmless

Day 8,9,10: went on a day trip to ourzazate film studios this is a journey well worth the money we drove through snow and mountains beautiful place and this is where they made some english movies like gladiator and kingdom of heaven.

Next day i went for a traditional hammam in a riad and went to see the saadian tombs then at night i went to visit the new city guilez which is just 5 mins in a taxi from the main square. Went to a club called pacha which was very busy good mix of music and great atmosphere beware of local people trying to befriend you but apart from that had no problems.

Day 11,12,13,14: got the supratour coach back to agadir for the rest of my holiday. Went to do more shopping the taxi driver who spoke good english told me to visit the souk in inezgane a small village 20 minutes drive from agadir i have to say i was very impressed with the market good prices no one hassles you and very polite people so its worth a visit also you get to see day to day moroccan village life. At night time went to a club called actors as it was my mates birthday a good club with english rnb dance and hip hop music drinks are a little expensive but that didn't put us off! The next day (13th) we decided to do quad biking we paid 200 dirham each for half a day and it was good fun it included going to a village and having dinner from some ones house then last thing i done was jet skiing also good fun if you don't mind getting wet!

Day 14: got flight back to london Heathrow in the morning. Already planning to return soon!

1. Re: 2 week trip report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, March 20, 2014