We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local sim cards

Which Agadir hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
burnley uk
reviews: 30
Local sim cards

Hi can anyone tell me which is the best local sim card to put in my phone,while in Agadir,and do i need to show my passport when i buy a sim card?

Edinburgh
reviews: 13
1. Re: Local sim cards

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g293730-s605/Morocc…

Edinburgh
reviews: 13
2. Re: Local sim cards

I do not like having to carry my passport with me when out and about. Normally a photcopy of your passport is enough when purchasing a sim. You can by a sim at the airport on arrival

I would imagine thought there will be cheaper deals in the resort..

Hotel staff are usually the best people to ask.

Regards

Mick

Edited: 11:27 am, March 01, 2013
Agadir, Morocco
reviews: 1
3. Re: Local sim cards

Ask for IAM (Maroc Telecom) sim card when you are buying one. You do not necessarily need your passport to buy a sim card. The latter is available at either the communications' company office who would ask for a form of Identification or in any phone shop.

reviews: 5
4. Re: Local sim cards

Does anyo e know if you can purchase a prepaid SIM card with data included?

Chinnakanal, India
5. Re: Local sim cards

Some of the providers need proof to get a sim card.

So it depends upon your network service.

After getting your new sim card,make sure your old phone is unlocked to accept new prepaid sim card.If it's restricted by some network,you will need to unlock your mobile.You can get an unlocking service from your current network service provider or else try to buy from any one of the online unlocking service provider like http://www.unbblock.com/blackberry/rs18wp8/ They will provide an unlocking service for Blackberry mobile models only.If you have other mobile model try simpleunlocking.com/supported-phones/rs16wp7/ After unlocking you will be able to use your prepaid sim card without any problem.

reviews: 5
6. Re: Local sim cards

Thanks for the reply. I already have an unlocked Iphone 5 but would like to know if one can get a pay as you go sim card with data included also. Also would they have a nano sim card for the iphione or would you have to cut it down?

7. Re: Local sim cards

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, July 12, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Agadir