We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Palace Agadir - Jet Skiing/Quad Biking/Currency/Bars

Which Agadir hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 6
Riu Palace Agadir - Jet Skiing/Quad Biking/Currency/Bars

Hi,

Myself and a few friends are going to Riu Palace Agadir in two weeks time. We wanted to find out what the nearest Jet Skiing and Quad Biking places there are and roughly how much?

As well as the above is it better to get currency out there from the airport or are there better places to get it from?

Last but not least we will obviously want to have a walk around the town and was wondering whether there are any nice Bars/Clubs around the hotel?

I'd be greatful if anyone could give us some insight on this, we'd be very greatful. Thank in advance!!!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hammamet
reviews: 28
1. Re: Riu Palace Agadir - Jet Skiing/Quad Biking/Currency/Bars

All water sport are avialble on the beach opposite the main area of the promenade.

Currency is available only once inside Moroccan terristory. You will need to change few sterlings into Dirhams once you reach the airport at Agadir to get by for the first day or two. Then you can change your money at hotels, banks and bureauS of change.

THe one notorious pub among theRits in Agadir is the English Pub in Boulverad 20 Aout. 5 minutes walk from RIU palace.

There are few clubs, but these are manily frequenied by young local guys and girls. Some are of sleazy characters

Cheers

Cas

London, United...
2. Re: Riu Palace Agadir - Jet Skiing/Quad Biking/Currency/Bars

Thanks for the reply Cas some great tips in there, appreciate it!

Would you be able to tell me if Promenade is that far from RIU Palace?

Yorkshire
reviews: 62
3. Re: Riu Palace Agadir - Jet Skiing/Quad Biking/Currency/Bars

Hi singh15king

We also arrive at the Riu Palace in 2 weeks!

Have been able to get 1000 Dirhams from Eurochange (£98). Apparently that's the maximum you can take into the country.

I've been in touch with the hotel & they tell me they have an ATM In reception.

As for jet skiing, quad bikes & clubs ------- no idea!

(Hope you won't be the "Rowdy" bunch!! Ha ha, joking of course!!!

Tre

Here's to a wonderful holiday.

London, United...
4. Re: Riu Palace Agadir - Jet Skiing/Quad Biking/Currency/Bars

Thanks for the reply Tre

From reading a couple of other posts on here its probably better to get currency out there as the rates sound slightly better.

Now as you've mentioned the 'Rowdy' bunch I don't think we can disappoint anyone now haha

If anyone still has any advice or knowledge on Jet Skiing or Quad Biking near RIU Palace in Agadir please do let us know.

Thanks

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hammamet
reviews: 28
5. Re: Riu Palace Agadir - Jet Skiing/Quad Biking/Currency/Bars

singh15king

The promenade is a long paved stretch a walking path, accessible straight from form your hotel .

As for Jet skiing, as I said, this is available along the beach. Just ask anyone and they will direct you. Thereception at your hotel would give all info you want about actvitiies available in and around Agdair. Just ask.

TRE:

£98 should have got you 1300 dirhams. I don't understant why you felt the need to buy the Dirhams now. You could have waited until you get to the Agadir airport and get more for your sterling!!!

Anyhow if either of you have any more question about Agadir please feel free to ask. Other wise I wish a greta time.

Cheers

Cas

Yorkshire
reviews: 62
6. Re: Riu Palace Agadir - Jet Skiing/Quad Biking/Currency/Bars

cas11,

Many thanks.

I understand where you're coming from. Just that we felt we needed to have some cash on arrival. (Old school & all that!)

Oh well, you live & you learn.

We are determinded to have a wonderful stay.

Tre

Edited: 6:06 pm, March 01, 2013
7. Re: Riu Palace Agadir - Jet Skiing/Quad Biking/Currency/Bars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 03, 2014