We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants

Which Agadir hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hastings
Restaurants

I have read that the New Talbourjt is a place to get good food cheap. I don't know if that is a restaurant or an area.in Agadir. Can anyone clarify please.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hammamet
reviews: 28
1. Re: Restaurants

Talbourjt is a an area. a couple of miles or so away from the touristique zone.

It is a resisential area as well as bustling shopping heaven with some nice boutique and local shops shops selling every day Moroccan goods.

It is very popular with the locals as well as holiday makers on a budget.

Nighttime is really busy with diners and cafe and tea drinkers lining up the pavements.

Restaurants I would recommend are in this order:

1. Ibtissam

2. Mille & un Nuit

(These two restaurants are almost adjuscent to one another in the blue mosaic square in Talbortj)

3. Yacout: This one is just on the edge of Talborjt as you are heading towards in town centre.

Typical Moroccan tagine meal would cost around 35 dirhams.

Same meal would set you 60 to 80 dirhams in some sea front restaurants.

Cheers

Cas

Hastings
2. Re: Restaurants

Hi Cas,

Thanks a lot for that. Presumably a taxi from the centre to that area wouldn't be that much. I will be staying in the Studiotel.

Alex

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hammamet
3. Re: Restaurants

Alex,

If it is Studiotel Afoud you are staying at, then you can walk to Talborjt. Ten minutes walk. Just aim towards the tower of the mosque and keep walking towards it. and you are almost there

Alternatively from the hotel is a two minutes taxi ride would be around 8 dirhams (equivalent £0.60p). Just make sure that taxi driver put the meter on. Beware that some drivers would go needlessly around in circles to charge more if they spot that you are novice to the town.

Cheers

Cas

Hastings
4. Re: Restaurants

Cas,

Yes it is Studiotel Afoud. The reason I asked about the taxi is that I am 69 and suffer with arthritis in the knees but I might try and walk it one way if the streets are safe especially at night, I don't think there is too much muggings going on in Agadir.

Alex

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 12
5. Re: Restaurants

No muggings at all. Just give the name Ibtissam to the driver of the petit taxi (small orange Peugot or Fiat) and he should know where it is.

I prefer Ibtissam as the other had shown less consideration in service and food presentation.

This is my take on restaurants I have been to:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g293731-c122715/Aga…

Casablanca
6. Re: Restaurants

I agree with John's advice, read some helpful reviews about it first, and try to send PM to the reviewers about any concerns or interests, as you can also check the section of Restaurants of Agadir and take enough time to read and see to pick the suitable one to your needs.

Hastings
7. Re: Restaurants

Hi Hamid, Thanks for your contribution. Yeah I have already done a lot of research of the town centre and have a list of the restaurants I was thinking of trying. as well as places of interest. Thank you too Cas for the link you send I've had a brief look at it for now and it looks very interesting.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hammamet
8. Re: Restaurants

Alex

The link is from John9159 (Reply 5). He is a seasoned traveller to Agadir

Hastings
9. Re: Restaurants

Here is something you might be able to answer for me. Gone are the days when I want to lug 20 kilo cases about. I would like to try and travel light this trip. This would mean not taking too many clothes with me. That means of course that I would need to get some clothes washed when I am there. The hotel doesn't operate a laundry service which means that I will need to find this locally. I would prefer a laundry service to automatic washing machines so that it gets ironed although an iron is available in the hotel.

Cheers,

Alex

Hastings
10. Re: Restaurants

Hi John,

Yes thanks for the informative link. I thought it was Cas that sent it. Sorry. I have read it now and found it most helpful. Thanks a lot.

Alex