We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 weeks, 2 friends and a 2 year old!

Which Agadir hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, United...
reviews: 5
2 weeks, 2 friends and a 2 year old!

Dear all, we are off on an adventure in Morocco in March. We fly into Marrakech and we have pre-booked a Riad there ; ) we only have two weeks and we are heading to the coast. We are youngish and into yoga, music, artistic kind of vibes. However I have a two year old so family friendly would be cool. Was thinking of travelling between Agadir and Essaouira. Wondered if this is easy without pre-booking and relying on public transportation. We are going during Easter and have a medium budget. Thanks in advance, grateful for any good tips or advice x

Birmingham, United...
1. Re: 2 weeks, 2 friends and a 2 year old!

Hello hayley what date you going on? I am going morocco on the 24th of febuary first to agadir then to marrakech on the 1st of march and from there im going to go to essouira there is a coach that goes from marrakech to essouira (supratours) but you have to book your tickets in advance as seats fill up quick i also wanted to ask what airline did you book with?

marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 63
2. Re: 2 weeks, 2 friends and a 2 year old!

Hi,

Easter is one of the high seasons in Morocco so you may want to book hotels or Riads to be on the safe side, especially travelling with a youngster.

If I may suggest something going by what you say you are looking for I'd say don't bother with Agadir. Your child is too young to know the difference between one beach and another but as you want artistic, music etc you won't find any sort of cultural enlightenment in Agadir (sorry Agadir lovers).

Essaouira is lovely. Before you head there from Marrakech you could have a day or two in the Atlas mountains to give yourselves another taste of what Morocco has to offer.

You will find that Morocco is a very child friendly place. Type "children" or "child friendly" into the search box above your post for loads of comments on this aspect of the country posted by people who have taken the time to send their comments and thoughts.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hammamet
reviews: 35
3. Re: 2 weeks, 2 friends and a 2 year old!

Hippyhayley

Anywhere in Morocco is child friendly.

Travelling between Marrakesh, Essaouira and Agadir is very cheap and easily done on board comfortable local coaches from either CTM or Supratour.

You may have to book a couple of days before, especially when it is peak holiday time.

MARRAKESH

Very much Moroccan. Wherever you look there are signs of Moroccan way of life. Obviously, Jmaa El Fna, at night is the place to witness this. Daytime there are a lot of souvenirs and artisans shop in the old medina. Be prepared to be hassled by the shopkeepers. And if you like to buy, then haggling is the order of the day. Good hagglers get bargain, bad hagglers get ripped off.

Fascinating surrounding area. Especially up the Atlas Mountain

ESSAOUIRA

Picturesque small town and one of the oldest city in Morocco. 2 days should be more than enough to cover it. It is famous for its fishing port, the surrounding walls and a long sandy beach (albeit windy)

AGADIR

Modern and built with tourism in mind. Big centration of modern hotels, bars and restaurants. Nothing much authentic, unless you venture out to wider zone away from the touristique area.

The beach is much bigger, calmer than the one in Essaouira. But is also crowdier mainly by the locals. For your two years old, there is an entrance free zoo.

Feel free to ask if you ahve any other concerns

Otherwise, have a great time

Cas

Birmingham, United...
4. Re: 2 weeks, 2 friends and a 2 year old!

Hello people , y

Thank you for your tips . I will certainly act on the advice for staying in the Atlas Mountains and checking out previous forums regarding travelling with children. I have a very popular guide book for some guidance but any specifics ie places people have stayed and can recommend would be gratefully relieved

Excited.com also looking for any good Sufi music to get me in the mood x

Blessings from a very snowy Birmingham x

Birmingham, United...
5. Re: 2 weeks, 2 friends and a 2 year old!

Thank you x

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hammamet
reviews: 35
6. Re: 2 weeks, 2 friends and a 2 year old!

Sufi music can be hypnotic, but the beat and the dancing are also, energetic. I think Essaouira if the original home of GNAWI music, so you are likely to come acros some Gnawi musicians.

Cheers from also a vey snowy London

cas

7. Re: 2 weeks, 2 friends and a 2 year old!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 21, 2014