We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agadir and the Clubhotel Riu Tikida Dunas.

Which Agadir hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Agadir and the Clubhotel Riu Tikida Dunas.

Hi All,

We are a couple off to Agadir in Early October. We are wondering how the weather would typically be at this time, and how strong the Sun is? Average temp seems to range anywhere from 24 to 29 depending on the weather site we look at!

Also in repsect to the Riu Tikida Dunas, is there a dress code for the restaurants etc in the evenings or mornings?

Any advice is appreciated!

Sheldan.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 12
1. Re: Agadir and the Clubhotel Riu Tikida Dunas.

Recorded October daytime temperatures in recent years have been between 22°C and 37°C. Evening temperatures have been between 12°C and 21°C. No rainfall is expected.

The sun can be very fierce so use SPF 50 when out and about and drink lots of bottles water which can be purchased from any road side kiosk. Costs of bottled water in hotels are a lot higher. Do not drink tap water at any time, it is safe to use for brushing teeth though.

Never stayed at this hotel but if you just dress sensibly or smart casual you will be fine. No swim wear is allowed in any hotel dining area.

2. Re: Agadir and the Clubhotel Riu Tikida Dunas.

Thank you for your reply John. Very helpful of you.

Can anyone who has stayed at this hotel be able to confirm on the dress code, it'll help with the packing!

Stoke-on-Trent...
reviews: 8
3. Re: Agadir and the Clubhotel Riu Tikida Dunas.

stayed at hotel last year and booked again for december this year.dress code is smart casual i wore longish shorts most evenings,not swimming shorts,mornings no problem.weather is about the same as the canaries so quite pleasant. how you enjoy we did.

Gloucestershire, UK
reviews: 16
4. Re: Agadir and the Clubhotel Riu Tikida Dunas.

Just returned from here yesterday, had a fab time.

Re the dress code, in my opinion it depends which nationalities are in the majority. The first week we were there, there seemed to more Brit's who did seem to make much more of an effort, with most casual but smartly dressed, some even in prom type dresses!!. However the 2nd week there was a lot more Dutch & Germans, and they don't seem to bother so much, coming down in shorts & t-shirts/tops (ladies)

I have learnt over the years to wear what I feel happy in, and not to worry if others think I look to 'Posh' I enjoy dressing up to go down for a drink and meal, and I don't think you will look out of place if you do the same. I wore dresses or smart white trousers with pretty tops, and strappy sandels.

hope that helps

5. Re: Agadir and the Clubhotel Riu Tikida Dunas.

Thank you Brian b and CC2k3 for your advice, we will take that on board and pack accordingly! Only 2 weeks or so to go, so very much looking forward to it now!

Any other hints or tips either of you can give?

Thanks again.

yorkshire
reviews: 67
6. Re: Agadir and the Clubhotel Riu Tikida Dunas.

Just returned from this fab hotel n found dress wise anything goes.

Staff are lovely, Saad (hes not sad he's happy) and Jamal can not do enough for you. Soulman is quiet and reserved but pleasant. We found some of the young women to be surley, but generaly all the staff are very pleasant and polite.

If you find the beds too hard, tell reception and they will put a mattress topper on for you, also we didnt have enough trouser hangers, there were 8 on our return to our room.

If you do the Marrakech trip ASK if you will go to a pharmacy. This was not on our itinery but we ended up stuck in a pharmacy for nearly 2hrs being given the hard sell for Argan oil. This appeared to be a side line for the tour guide so we misse all our "free time" in the souks. Dont go to souk at gate 9. We felt we got ripped off. There is a fixed price shop which is very cheap. Its a fair way to walk but worth it. If you need any more info about where it is just ask and i will attempt to give directions although the rep will give you a map. (If your with Thomson) Enjoy.

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 20
7. Re: Agadir and the Clubhotel Riu Tikida Dunas.

sorry to butt in on your post

I have been looking at this hotel, is there shaded areas around the pool

8. Re: Agadir and the Clubhotel Riu Tikida Dunas.

No Worries George!

And Thank you Roblady for your advice, greatly appreciated. Are there kettles in the rooms?

Marrakech is off the list as it was so chaotic last time we went!

Woking, United...
reviews: 26
9. Re: Agadir and the Clubhotel Riu Tikida Dunas.

Hi

Been back about a week after staying in Marrakech for 1 week then second week at the Tikida Dunas in Agadir. Weather whilst in Agadir was cloudy / misty in the mornings until around 10.30 when the sun broke through and temps. then rose to high 20's low 30's. As for dress code , it is very relaxed - even in the themed restaurants , which is quite unusual for an all inclusive which often request shirt and long trousers for men. You can also book the themed restaurants ( Moroccan and Italian ) night after night if you wish , there is no limit on the amount of times you use them. In fact when we were there they would come round the tables at breakfast trying to get bookings for these restaurants ! I have to say the food in the main restaurant , Moroccan and Italian was first class , cannot fault it.

As for bottled water being expensive in hotels , which it normally is , no worries here - its given free in litre bottles supplied by the cleaners and put in your fridge. But alas , no kettles - sorry Sheldan.

As for shaded areas , this is easily achieved by either moving brollys or in the case of the fixed brollys , moving the sun loungers. Most positions around the pool would afford you shade at any time by doing this. After our stay at the Tikida Garden in Marrakech where you had to grab a sun bed around the pool by 8 the latest , this hotel was so much better with sun loungers being available virtually anytime of day.

Hope some of this helps. Very envious of anybody about to visit. I have stayed at a few all inclusive hotels now , and in terms of food , drink , entertainment , rooms and pool and gardens ( which are beautifully kept ) i would say this was one of , if not , the best.

Sheldan , you will have a great time .

The Dodgy Dj.

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 20
10. Re: Agadir and the Clubhotel Riu Tikida Dunas.

thanks for the info dodgydjworking........great hekp....