We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

smoking

Which Agadir hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
York, United Kingdom
reviews: 9
smoking

Is smoking allowed in the hotel bars, as others in Morocco do? I'm not a smoker so am interested in what it is like

Cambridge, United...
reviews: 107
11. Re: smoking

Trouble with outside areas is that the smokers use them as well so you still come away smelling like they want to smell

North Pole, Alaska
reviews: 26
12. Re: smoking

Hi to you all

Being a smoker /non smoker all I have is this to say!!

For those of us who live in big cities or that travel to them the air we breathe could hardly be described as pure. Car exhaust fumes and industry all contribute to pollution which enters our bodies via our lungs every day, who knows what allergies amongst other things that this causing but we simply don't have a say it!!!

Oh and by the way I do not drive a car but I do have to endure this pollution!!

Smokers can give up smoking but car drivers and industry will continue with pollution for quite some time to come, what this does is far more damage than a mere smoker who smokes outside will do!!!!

And yes it is inconsiderate to smoke indoors but they have a smoke somewhere, I agree that they should be banished to the cold outdoors thats what happens in the UK, but strangly enough now we finding that their friends who are not smokers are joining them outdoors too, explain that if you can?! I been to many a bar and they have been empty as the non smokers have joined their smoking friends outdoors, I wonder why!!!

My opinion of course

Breeze

Edited: 4:03 pm, September 09, 2012
Hastings
13. Re: smoking

If you are visiting Morocco or any other country you must accept local customs and the way of living. I understand smoking can make a person feel unwell but if it is as bad as you describe then you need to have a change of venue I think. We simply can't expect a country to change their way of living to satisfy guests to their country. It's like a European country allowing smoking again because Moroccans want to smoke when they visit Europe.

14. Re: smoking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 6:52 pm, October 28, 2013
Leicester, United...
reviews: 6
15. Re: smoking

Dare I even ask the question ! We smoke on holiday only and wondered if anyone knows if it is easy to buy cigarettes/cigars out their, I smoke a Turkish brand called Black Galleon, they are brown in colour, and I thoroughly enjoy them.

We do not smoke in Hotel rooms or inside restaurants or when to near people/children and always ask if others don't mind first, however i want to enjoy my own holiday as well. If anyone knows if this brand is available out their I would be interested to know.

Thank You

colchester
Destination Expert
for Agadir
reviews: 29
16. Re: smoking

Your question has been answered I believe in the thread on tobacco.

I will point out that some hotels do have a non smoking areas in bars, however, just as in the UK before the ban, they are not separate bars and smoke does drift.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who went to Morocco as I could escape the smoking police... thing is I quit a week before I ever first went. Hubby's quit too now, but we still go back, and other people smoking doesn't bother us.

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
17. Re: smoking

As far as I am aware from other posts on the subject no-one has found an outlet for Black Galleon here in Morocco, 47rosy1966.

And just to add my tuppence worth to the discussion here there still no causal link between smoking and, let's say, lung cancer. Heaps of statistical correlations of course but no evidence of causality. And yes, I am a smoker.

18. Re: smoking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 21, 2014