We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Electrical Appliances?

Which Agadir hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Derby, United...
reviews: 21
Electrical Appliances?

Hi there, is the plug socket the standered 2-round pin ones that you get in Europe?

Also will my straightner, chargers work etc?

Also i have been warned that blonde people often get hassled by the locals ... is this true?

Thanks for any help....

Derby, United...
reviews: 21
1. Re: Electrical Appliances?

Also is any of this true.. i got it from www.morocco.com

When going to Morocco there are a few formalities to follow. Be sure to read our list of essentials before getting yourself into a fix.

Though Moroccans are advancing fast, they are still for the most part a very traditional nation. This is clearly reflected in their dress. As tourists, it would be wisest to pay attention to your own dress as what you wear could offend locals or cause harassment. Legs and shoulders are considered to be ‘private body parts’ in most parts of morocco, and men and woman should do their utmost to keep these areas covered. Woman are generally covered from wrist to ankle and men are covered elbow to below the knee. This sort of covering will be accepted in most areas of Morocco and woman not covered sufficiently will often get harassed.

It may be that some women in the cities will tend towards more modernized dress and don short-sleeved tops with knee lengths skirts, but it is not suggested that you follow this trend since these woman often get unwanted attention. Both sexes should stay away from sleeveless T-shirts, ordinary T-shirts (worn as underwear in Morocco) and shorts. They should also avoid tight clothing.

Can anybody who has been confirm if these suggestions should be stuck to or will i be ok wearing short skirts and small tops?

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 12
2. Re: Electrical Appliances?

Hi,

Agadir is quite cosmopolitan, the dress sense of the young people there is western. I have been about seven times and never once in Agadir did I see anyone covered head to toe, faces were never covered completely.

Sadly some Moroccan girls dye their gorgeous black hair hideous blonde to mimic westerners. This just does not look natural.

In temperatures of 41C you cannot possibly avoid short sleeves and in fact some hotels do allow topless sunbathing for women.

You can do pretty much what you want as long as it doesn’t involve violence.

Ps I’m rather partial to blondes myself.

jklejna@aol.com for more info.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 12
3. Re: Electrical Appliances?

Furthermore, the electrical supply is via 2-pin European connector, all your appliances will work adequately as the voltage is near enough the same.

Don't forget to take your mobile 'phone charger also but if you are on pay-as-you-go it will cost £1.50 to make calls as well as receive calls.

Will be ahppy to offer any other advice.

evesham
reviews: 5
4. Re: Electrical Appliances?

I don't hink you wil have any problems with wearing anything in Agadir, unless visiting souks ! I feel out of respect you shouldn't wear micro minis and crop tops while in the more uncommercial areas ! Have never been hassled or had unwanted attention apart from men in shops who harress everybody as yoiu walk past in whatever you are wearing and whatever colour you are ! I have seen people in traditional dress in and around Agadir but they need US for their tourism and are very pleased to see us in whatever we are wearing !!