We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marra to Agadir advice

Which Agadir hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
1 post
82 reviews
Marra to Agadir advice

I'm headed to Marakesh next week for 6 nights. I would like to go to Agadir for a night or two in the middle of my stay. Am I better off trying to book hotel/transportation for Agadir now, or waiting until I arrive? Is Agadir my best option, or are there other nice beach cities within easy travel distance from Marra?

Agadir, Morocco
Level Contributor
427 posts
1 review
1. Re: Marra to Agadir advice

Hello.

Agadir, Morocco
Level Contributor
427 posts
1 review
2. Re: Marra to Agadir advice

Agadir is a good option If you consider coming here for a couple of days. It will take you three hours to get to Agdir from Marrakesh. It has been hot and I am sure you will enjoy the beach and ocean here.

Feel free to contact me if you have anymore questions: khattabi_fr@yahoo.fr

Wish you a good stay in Morocco,

Abdou.

kasbah
1 post
1 review
3. Re: Marra to Agadir advice

I travel this route by car quite often, Sorry 5hours is more like the travel time. There are major roadworks which slow things up. Best bus company is Supratours 2 miutes walk from the train station. Book the day before. Trains do not exist. Id you go to Agadir and have time try Taghazout 20kms north , a much better place. Essaouira is a good alternative --about 2.5 hours. Have a good time

Dave

Agadir, Morocco
Level Contributor
427 posts
1 review
4. Re: Marra to Agadir advice

Hi there. I just got back from Marrakesh today, and with the road being fixed, and some traffic jam, it took about 4 hours to get to Agadir. I never went to Marrakesh and took me 5 hours to get there, it will maybe if you are driving 60 Kilometers(about 38 miles) an hour or something like that...

Abdou.

evesham
Level Contributor
104 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Marra to Agadir advice

hi there, just returned from twin centre holiday to Marrakech/ Agadir !! No way woul you ever do that journey in 2 or 3 hours unless there was not another vehicle on the road ! It is getting so hot know as well, roadworks aren't that bad but you do have at least 3 police check points ! We did the journey twice and it took 5 hours, they drive like lunitics though and the journey is enoyable ! You need to to stop for toilet/refreshment and even though it may not look like it a couple of the cafes are really nice !!