We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Argana vs Oasis Hotels + general advice

Which Agadir hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Argana vs Oasis Hotels + general advice

I'm booking a trip to Agadir, and trying to choose between Argana and Oasis.... Any input into which is better would be great.

Also, I'd really appreciate any other info you can give about:

excursions - where to go, how to get there, etc

watersports - what's available, and where to look to book it

Nightlife and restaurants - in particular, for vegetarians.

And any other advice you think would help a first time visiter, such as how much to expect to pay for cabs, to what extent should you haggle, and safety (general, as well as for girls)

uk
reviews: 35
1. Re: Argana vs Oasis Hotels + general advice

Hi Puurple

Did you eventually choose? We are going to the Oasis on the 21st, there does not seem to be too many reviews about it!

We go on the 21st of this month.

Jan

Agadir, Morocco
reviews: 1
2. Re: Argana vs Oasis Hotels + general advice

Hello. The thing I would tell you is that Argana hotel is located in the center of the city, and is close to the resaurants, clubs, markets, and the beach as well.

Many hotels arrange excursions to other cities and places like Marrakesh, Essaouira, Taroudant, Tiznit, Laayoun, Ouarzazat, Merzouga(desert), and so on.

The perfect place for watersports is Taghazout, about 20 kilmoteres from the city center(13 miles), where yu can enjoy practicing any kind of watersports you like, as well as the sea food for low prices.

Restaurants are all over the touristy area, and you will find so many of them once walking around. Being a vegetarian would not be a problem, all kinds of food are served. There is disco and night clubs too, at a close distance from the hotels.

Agadir is too big to explore on foot. You can wander around in the touristy area, but going any further on foot will make you tired. A small red taxi will take you wherever you want, but should always ask the driver about the price, so you have an idea how much to pay.

Feel free to contact me for detailed information: khattabi_fr@yahoo.fr

Wish you a good stay in Agadir,

Abdou.

Manchester, United...
reviews: 27
3. Re: Argana vs Oasis Hotels + general advice

Khattabi, you didn't mention what you knew about Oasis hotel. I am also going there in August and would appreciate your opinion also please?

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 12
4. Re: Argana vs Oasis Hotels + general advice

If you contact me at the following e-mail I will send all a tourist needs to know on where to shop, where to eat, what to see, excursions etc etc in Agadir.

I have stayed at the Argana twice, once in a standard room and recently in their superior suite.

I have articles if interested. Also photo's but theses are large (2+ Mb files for which you will need to be on broadband) so if you are interested:

jklejna@aol.com

John

Agadir, Morocco
reviews: 1
5. Re: Argana vs Oasis Hotels + general advice

Hello. Oasis hotel is close to Argana hotel too. They are both located on The Mohamed V avenue. Oasis hotel is nice as well, in bed rooms there is a color TV, Phone, air conditioning, private bathroom, with hot running water and a balcony at the most of rooms. There is a restaurant too attached to the hotel, and a tennis field, and a swimming pool as well. The beach is at a close distance from the hotel, like ten or fiftheen minutes on foot, as well as restaurants, bars, and nightlife.

I hope you will enjoy your stay at the 4 star hotel.

Abdou.

uk
reviews: 35
6. Re: Argana vs Oasis Hotels + general advice

Abdou

Thank you.

We are looking forward to the weeks break so trying to overcome the negative points on here and going on a "wait and see basis" - each to their own and we are easily pleased as long as there is wine,, food to eat, clean rooms and a stroll or two. Oh and not to forget the sunshine!

I will post about the Oasis when we return and the area in general.

Jan