We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in march

Which Agadir hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk
reviews: 11
weather in march

is it warm enough to sunbathe,and is sea warm enough to take advantage of watersports during march.

can anyone recomend any excursions or things to do in agadir area?

thanks

13 replies to this topic
Agadir, Morocco
1. Re: weather in march

Hello Sophie907 ,

Welcome to Agadir ,

Agadir's climate in general is warm , sunshine all the day , Soft breeze in the morning and evening .

it's a good climat to swim and to do some water sports , and also to walk beside the beach with 10km of gold sand .

Concerning the excursions, There are more area to discover in the suburbs like Imouran Beach if you like surf, Taghazout and imesouan . Imouzar valley through the Honey road .

Essaouira , Tafraout , Massa and Taroudant .

I live in Agadir and If you need more informations don’t hesitate to contact me.

I with you a sunny and Nice weekend .

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 12
2. Re: weather in march

The weather is indeed sunny for most of the year and the temp in March should be around 23C in the daytime and maybe around 6C in the evening. Evenings are pretty cool and you may need a sweater or such.

The sea may still be too cold for swimming but there are facilities for kite surfing and jet skiing, just look around on the beach and you will see the guys offering these.

If you like to swim then be aware that there are very strong Atlantic undercurrents here.

As for excursions, read my offering:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g293731-c120434/Aga…

Agadir itself has little to offer except the kasbah whichis the "hill" visible in all directions, La Medina d'Agadir, Souk al Had (closed Monday) and the beach.

Ignore anyone offering to assist you on these forums, they are usually touts or related to someone. Only use reputable operators such as those advertising in your hotel. If using any other, be sure they have the necessary insurance.

UK
reviews: 146
3. Re: weather in march

Very useful rundown of the excursions available - thank you. The 2 days in the South excursion made me smile. I visited Fort Bou Jerif 18 years ago in an ancient Renault 4. A French couple were running it as a mini motel and campsite. Much of the road from Goulimime was just a dirt track with huge ruts and many of the guests were back-packers who were on their way down to, or on their way back from, West Africa. You could tell the ones on their way back up because they wrote "civilisation and good food, at last" and they provided tips on avoiding the landmines at the Mauritanian border! I expect things have moved on a bit since then.

lancashire
4. Re: weather in march

Hello, I believe you live in Agadir. We have been to Marracesh twice & enjoyed it. We have bookked the Royal Atlas in Agadir for April 2nd 2012 & I wondered what the weather would be like, war enough to walk with shorts & vest tops on? Thanks

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 1
5. Re: weather in march

Hi, how is the weather at the moment in Agadir? I am thinking of visiting for a week in mid-March. Should I be ok weather-wise?

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 12
6. Re: weather in march

Knowing the weather now will be of little use for March.

I will stake my reputation (for what it's worth) that the weather will be good although as we always say one here, we cannot predict the weather for any time in the future. We can only say it was fine this time last year but to say this will apply for March 2012 is pure conjecture.

It may still be a bit chilly in the evenings so a light jumper or jacket may be adivisable. Daytime is usually a steady 23C but I have checked wunderground.com who say it reached 36C at some point in March last year.

Expect hot sunny weather and pack accordingly.

Basingstoke, United...
reviews: 10
7. Re: weather in march

Hi guys, just got back from a week in the sunshine. The days were lovely and warm from around 9.30am (but cool in the shade) and got pretty hot around midday (was a relief to go inside for lunch!!) and again was a lovely temperature about 4pm (to doze off without being too hot) with the sun going down around 5.30/6pm. The evenings were very cool so we wore hoodies/cardies and even had a jacket on top on a couple of occasions but that was sitting outside (which we wouldn't do here in February!).

The pools were really cold and the sea was far too cold to swim in, although our Daughter did!

Last year we got 2 1/2 days of rain in early March but I think it was freaky and mainly due to the Tsunami Japan the week before.

Have fun, I'm sure you will :-)

Agadir
reviews: 5
8. Re: weather in march

We had two minutes rain today thats only the third rainfall since last March....you'd be very unlucky to find bad weather in Agadir from March through to September....

9. Re: weather in march

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 am, August 31, 2012

Norwich, United...
reviews: 5
10. Re: weather in march

We willbe at Riu Palace Agadir next week Just checked the weather it says Thunderstorms for Tuesday 5 March is this unusual Have been reading the forums Also is it cool in the Hotel Riu palace evenings as it is chilly outside about 7deg can't wait to get there

Reply to: weather in march
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted